Sign in to follow this  
blake12

335i n54 coolant issue

Looks like im becoming quite the regular on here...

Last week the nipple thing that the coolant house running across the intercooler broke off, so I got it replaced.
Mechanics flushed and replaced coolant at same time. 

Next day after testing my car out (I got downpipes installed too), I found coolant splatter around the expansion tank.
The car is leaking coolant around the seam at the top. I will replace the tank my myself asap. 

After the car is warm, I can hear alot of noise from around that tank. I believe it is the coolant and air escaping, but I hope it's not boiling. I am hoping the mechanics either :
a. put a little much in and it's just getting rid of the excess through the leaking seam
b. didn't bleed it and theres air in there somewhere making it heat up too much

I ran the bleed procedure today and will keep an eye on it. The coolant level itself hasn't noticeably lowered after a week of daily driving it and it sputtering out. 
I have to drive to fox glacier and back next week, is there any other steps I should take before I leave (apart from take spare coolant with me encase I need to top up) I pray it isn't a headgasket... the cars only done 75,000.