Sign in to follow this  
dave

Car's in a Coma Pt.2

Well...... i am getting really f**ked off with my car at the moment....

On the way to work this morning, i stopped off to pick up my cellphone and when i hopped back in the car, it wouldnt start, this happened about 30mins ago, so its back in milford!

I am going to assume it was the fuel pump relay again as when it turned over, thats all it did, which im thinking is cos no petrol is going through. As to why my F.P Relays keep going i have no idea.... anyone??

hahah i jus hope its not the fuel pump!

NB: andys gonna love this, when it wouldnt start i put in $5 '96 jus to see if it was fuel, being so pissed off i forgot i always had to use '98 after ther timing advance.... so yeah that could be another problem.

Guest Andrew

Dave,

Usually when fuel relays keep going it means the fuel pump relay is buggered. Is fuse 11 (or 15 I don't recall) blown still? I'm home right now if you wanna call.

Guest Andrew

oh and - mine wouldn't start on 96 either .. drain it out - it sucks... sell it on or something.

and whose the poor bugger who had to push the car! whilst cracking up at some asian dude....funny thing is i had his cellphone all along.

this is exactly the problem i have and i can fix it temporarily for you, it's an electrical problem and i think we both need 2 new feul pumps because they are drawing too much current and blowing the relays, but for now i can fix it.

yeah....well yours hasnt blown up yet ollie.....wouldnt imagine an in tank fuel pump fire would be pretty

Guest Andrew

this is exactly the problem i have and i can fix it temporarily for you, it's an electrical problem and i think we both need 2 new feul pumps because they are drawing too much current and blowing the relays, but for now i can fix it.

The only problem with jumpering the relay ollie - is that when the fuel pump does finally stop working - it may torch the wiring loom to the fuel pump. Did yours eat the fuel pump relay fuse also ollie? A 15A fuse 11 (or 15, i always forget)

hahah we jus did the budgo wire thing and i got my car to the mechanic after work tonight, and they were open???

thats crazy i tell you...

yeah....well yours hasnt blown up yet ollie.....wouldnt imagine an in tank fuel pump fire would be pretty

Petrol itself isn't flammable, so I think that you would be pretty safe.

It is the fumes that are flammable. In an enclosed cell like a fuel tank you are highly unlikely to have a fire.

But.....I don't think I would take too many risks.

Cheers

Oh the joys of an older car!!! Bad run of luck dave, but dodgy wiring bypasses sound a bit like playing with fire (possibly literally!!!) Good luck on getting it fixed, and hopefully it aint too expensive. If it is your fuel pump, get some hearty as aftermarket one!!! thats got to help with your advanced timing eh!!! :D

no andrew it did not blow the fuse. i'm saving for a new feul pump, dave and i might get a deal.

my fuel pump relay crapped itself when i put interjectron injector cleaner in the tank, daves shat itslef after doing a timing advance etc... these fuel pumps seem a bit sensitive eh. dont like change.

Guest Andrew

Ollie - I don't think any of those things are related. Daves pump crapped itself before the Timing advance - its just old fuel pumps. They do die.

Daves was eating fuses before he got the relay changed - Ollie have you taken apart the old relays that stop working, are they melting themselves together?