Sign in to follow this  
str8_6

M3 Rim Damage!

Hi All,

On Friday I went to Beaurepairs to get a new set of tyres on my car (Direzza DZ101's... pretty nice tyre for the price). Anyway, the rims were all in great condition with no curb rash etc. Got the car back and noticed yesterday there are big scratch marks on the outer lip that weren't there before and a chunk of paint that has come off in one area! Pretty annoyed about it. There is also a lovely black grease print on my headlining at the top of the windscreen! All in all, it looks as though they were being pretty rough.

Question is... what are my chances of going back, complaining and getting this fixed? Has anyone else had their rims damaged by tyre companies? Am I being over the top??? I know this isn't a brand new car (e36), but it is (or was) absolutely mint. :(

If it turns out they won't fix it, does anyone know any places in Wellington where I can get them fixed?

Cheers

thats very average, and i know how you feel some places take no care, although when i got tyres the other day the place put protectors on the out rim so i was happy,

its hard to complain about those things, i wouldnt know how to approach the tyre shop sorry!

Write a letter?

Would get the message through and get a good response ?

Edited by nz320i

Document and photograph all the damage that you have incurred.

Write a very polite letter expressing your disappointment with the way your car has been treated and copy it to the manager of the branch of Beaurepairs and another copy to the General Manager of Beaurepairs NZ and save a copy for Fair Go.

In your letter, itemize the damage and get quotes to fix it (for the damaged rim) and a full interior groom. Do not threaten legal action or media publicity but just explain that you took your car there because it was supposed to be a professional outfit versus saving pennies and taking it to a backyard special.

Be as polite as you can and offer them the opportunity to fix things for you.

I've used this technique 4 times for various issues from clothes to cellphones and have had good responses.

Never lose your temper.

Good luck. :)

which beaurepairs? just so i no to stear clear, thats pretty shocking, i would write the letters as lidistick said, but before you do give them a call and see what they say, just a quick call to the store manager, if he blows you off and says he cant do anything, then write your letters, get the names of the people who did the work to.

That is a joke bro.

Go back and whine your nuts off till they pay for your sh*t to be fixed

That is totaly unacceptable.It doesnt matter how old your car is they have to treat it with some respect.Go back,ask to see the manager and show him the damage.If you get nowhere then do the letter thing.I would expect you to get some action.Be firm but polite.Tell him you expect better from one of NZ,s leader in tyre service places.

Edited by kiwi535

And if he doesnt buy it TELL him you will write a letter before you leave politely, it will bite him in the ass when he gets a call from his manager :D

i think its time they live up to their adds and reputation. so i would go and have a mean bitch at them, if not...write to their head office..or directly to that fag thats on the adds ( i assume thats the owner..or someone high up )

Probably got it fixed by now but just saying that took the 540 into Jerry Clayton a while ago and they noticed that the tyre was put on the wrong way around at Beaurepairs (Don't ask me how they managed to screw that up) so they fixed it and when we got home noticed a huge scratch 3/4 around the rim - not kidding at all. was so pissed off. Took it back the next day and complained, ofcourse they fixed it - don't want to ruin their reputation. but also a long time customer so they happily did it. They should fix it, no questions asked if you take it back the next day.

Hope you get a good outcome - next time I go in for tyres I am going to scrutinze the wheels and then ask them to take care when they do the job.

Hope you get a good outcome - next time I go in for tyres I am going to scrutinze the wheels and then ask them to take care when they do the job.

Yea, if you've got time before it helps to take a pic of each wheel, so if any damage is incurred you have proof they did it. And its always a good idea to stick around and watch the job, if its not going to take too long.