Sign in to follow this  
MattA

New to me E39 540

Well been a few weeks of thrashing around and got to say lovin it...

96 540i,

170km

been local for last 4 years (have service history) in NZ for 6

some sort of kit,

different mirrors,

18x8" rims (don't know if they're genuine but who cares they look tit's)

Motorsport suspension new in the front about a year ago not sure about the backs but lowered

All the usual electric bits and the TV works, though the Nav only has Japan?

5x new tyres 235/40 Pontenza?

3 year break down insurance.

Exhaust not sure but is a fair bit louder then normal and record's show the cats have been removed

Had Coombes Johnston check over it and service came back with good report no issues, needs brake pads/disks thats about it.

I don't have a manual so there's a few things I'm still working out..

Only 1 pic sorry something bad happening to my camera, will have another crack when I next clean it.

cheers Matt

post-176-1174343065_thumb.jpg

Very nice, looks like an M5 front skirt to me and the wheels are M5 'style' as well. If they are staggered front to back and have the little ///M badge on them they may well be genuine.

Talk to Jochen about your Nav issues, although do you have the CD rather than the DVD sat nav ?

Always worth having your toys working if you have them :)

very nice mate

those go pretty hard i drove one before i brought my m3 if i didnt like changing gear so much i prob would own one also

Thanks,

back end has kit not sure what but looks sweet, have a tow bar sticking out the arse ugly! but very handy.

btccm3 Jared? would be great in manual maybe not so cool in traffic - had a good trash using the steptronic was cool takes a bit to get used too!

Q. Can anyone tell me what the little button marked "S EDC" is?

& "ASC"(figure traction control?)

both located on the centre console below the OBC.

Martyyn, how would I tell if DVD or CD for the NAV? will check out rims tonight be a sweet little bonus if there're genuine.

cheers Matt

I believe the DVD version has 'DVD' written on the box in the boot where you put the DVD in :D

very good piece of advice there!! ;)

Edited by Nick021

No DVD just has eject botton and BMW NAV written on it, was a dumb Q :P does that mean there is a NZ CD available? Not used to having so much stuff in a car big step up from the E30.

Thanks for the other info.

The rims aren't staggered but are 8 1/2" not 8" as first mentioned. Yep bought through Tristram cars and sold by Tristram's to previous owners 3+ years ago.

cheers Matt