Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

Leather maintenance

Okay so I have been doing a bit of interior clean up and I bought some Megiars leather cleaner, I wasnt expecting it to work miracles on the leather but it did a good job at softening it, but now its the cracks and wear in the leather that i want to deal to and I know there are lots of products out there to cure this. But I just wanted to know what you guys use or have used to get rid of the cracks or something that hides it a bit. I get lots of comments on the interior at night, when you cant see so much of the wear but not so many comments during the day haha

But yeah here are a few pictures of the problem areas...

(The picture of the cracking on the rear seat is usually white not the colour in the picture (was just after a clean) but just to give you a rough idea, even if the cracking was always the colour in the picture that would be fine!)

post-29-1174799002_thumb.jpg

post-29-1174799032_thumb.jpg

sand it, then Leather filler, and then re- colour.

No idea where to get the products though....

My driver's seat has a bit of wear too, but no cracks and not as bad as your seats look in the pics. I'd like to get them looking like new too though, or close as possible to it. Possibly a leather paint spray, if there is such a thing. Anyway, I'd be keen to hear any good suggestions as well.

P

My seats are FAR worse, and have been QUOTED at 150 per seat- 200 max, for full restoration looking like new, or better if wanted. This was by an old man with a business dealing mostly in shoe renovation

I suggest you do a search on here, this has been discussed many times.

Alternatively just order some of this.... Liquid Leather or at least read the site.

Ive used it on several cars and it nothing short of superb.

If you end up 'spraying' a paint over the leather you are really giving them its last rights. Once painted you will never be able to treat the leather again and although it will look good in the short term, in the long term it will just kill it.

Check out my other thread about the leather I already did a bit of DIY work on it myself and came out remarkably good as I didnt want to paint it as such because it kinda ruins the idea of leather because it gives it a vinyl like finish.

But the stuff I did to it has keept me happy as it makes it look brand new

Oh and FYI I have read that site throughly ages ago and ordered stuff a little while ago

Edited by RJS