Sign in to follow this  
Butterfly

bleeding the water system on my e34

hi guys i have just put my e34 2.5m20 motor back together

ive done the head gasket and cam belt.

The problem im having is bleeding the water system the only bleed points i can see are on top of the thermostat housing and top of the rad.

my motor keeps getting hot and pressure building up in the header tank. I cant get eny heat inside the car the pipes in and out from car are hot but still no heat inside of car i have climate control and it does not seem to be coming througth the componant that u adjust the heat settings with its the componant by the loom connecetor plug.

im realy f**ked off as i have spent so much money on this motor any help would be cool

ive checked the water pump and seems ok no play does not leak and impeller is good.

They can be a prick to bleed, open bleed screw, try only 2/3 filling the system & get engine up to temperature (heater control on hot), air should then bleed out, close bleed screw then fill to correct level.

yes, becarfull not to boil again . i massage the main pipes to help with water flow , with and with out the cap on , open and shut the blend valve , always with heater on full power on the screen .

also have front of car raised up helps .

Brent,

Try pressurizing the cooling system. Blow as hard as you can in through the top of the coolant reservoir until you hear it burp. Did it with mine about 4 times - amazing how much coolant went in after supposedly being full. Otherwise the temp gauge will go straight to the red, as you have found out.

Cheers

Andy

been trying for ages now i have tryed everything i got the water to heater my problem now is steem througth the bleed hole on top of thermostat top hose has no water going througth it ??????????

and the water pump sounds funny might try a new water pump