Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

Rant: Hotwire

Rant:

Okay so I work in west Auckland right, so I decided I'll get the guys at Hotwire down the road on Great North Rd to install my new head deck. Well to just re-do it after my failed attempt.

First off I go in there on the Wednesday to try get it done that day but they said not until some rediculous time the next day or what ever time I want on Friday, so I chose a time on Friday.

Whilst I was there on the Wednesday I asked the guy there what they think I did wrong as to why the deck was acting the way it was.. didnt even get a answer! and they wernt even friendly people, not even a smile or something just gave me blunt yes and no's.

On the friday I come on time and that I was at least friendly but still got sh*t customer service again, when I walked in to tell them that the car is here all I got was a weird look and a "Uhh ok, whats you name, give me your keys".

I didnt get told how long it would be so I stood outside and then went a looked at mags next door and around other shops then came back and waited another 30 mins. Car was finally ready over an hour later the guy came and passed me the keys and I paid for it all and attempted to ask a few questions but still no solid reply and then so I was just like Ok, forget it, and left.

I get home and saw that there were marks all over my bonnet from where people have been sitting coffee cups and stuff as there were coffee stain rings around the bonnet, and washed it but you can still see the marks they made if you look closely, but thats not so much the bad thing.

The bad part is the whole thing all summed up, They have absolutley sh*t customer service, workman is Ok, but the complete lack of respect for someone elses car is appalling.

So in saying this I do NOT recommend people to go get stuff done from these people.

End Rant.

Maybe the reason for that big f**k off sale they are having this weekend?!

Not selling anything any other way?? I found the same with rapid radio (same parent company) They are absolutely sh*t, and the guys that work there a stuck up asswholes.

I know its stupid aye. I mean all they have to do is be friendly once in a while, hell, even I'm capable of that sometimes

I have heard nothing but complaints about hotwire from anyone that has had car audio installed there...

So i agree with ED1RTY's statement about the reason for the huge sale!!!

How much did they charge you for that??

yeah it has turned to sh*t, steve the old owner was alot better, much nicer to deal with and quite helpful

was there not to long ago for one of there sales - prety crap really quite low end!! also dropped some of the high end better brand stuff, which was there loss as i was guna spend some good dosh there

if u want good advice and help paul moneys off diminion rd is good, 1 dude there moonlights as an installer but other than tht nothin in tht regard

alot of the places are feelin the pinch from trademe and parallel importers, and also abit of a down turn in car audio at the moment aswell

next time shout out im sure theres a few ppl on here who r willing to help out

Edited by Katalyst

I also had a bad experience with HotWire, with the alarm on my previous car. Firstly, they couldn't get the alarm hooked up correctly to the central locking. It would just lock and unlock. One of the alarm fobs stopped working (the light remained on and I replaced the battery and re-programmed both fobs to be sure, and that one still wouldn't work).

I have sold the car a few months ago, so I'm not really that worried anymore, but since you brought up the topic, thought I'd add my 2 cents.

It's also turned me off alarms, I would never have an alarm installed in a car again.

I also am in west Auckland, back in circa 1999 i got a sub/amp install from them.

It never went well so i got my uncle to have a look. They put the power wire in the remote and remote in the power. Gimps.

6 years later i figure i got a 'bad experience' so i took it to them to do the same thing in another car.

This time the amp would turn off when the engine was off, (no booms when sitting parked - lame). They messed around for ages while i waited. "its your amp buddy, its bung"

I ended up taking to a generic auto sparky who fixed it in like 10 minutes.

I went back to them and told them they are jokes and should refund me.

Thing is they seem to have a descent name in the insdustry, how? I dont know.

STAY AWAY FROM HOTWIRE AND MAG AND TURBO.

You have heard this before I am sure.

f**k you Hotwire! You have cost me hundreds!

Never go to hotwire, i've been installing my own, and other peoples sounds for 2 years now, ive fixed jobs that hotwire have done, and some of them arent bad workmanship, their just ignorant mistakes, the problem is, all their installers quit, and they let their apprentices go nuts on whatever comes in, the last I remember a head deck install costs $100 bux??? Why??? I do not know, it takes 20 minutes if you A: have a multimetre, or a simply test light and B: have cables. MOST CARS HAVE CABLES!@!!!! Could be wrong as this was when the old owner was still around, having said all this, if anyone wants a head deck installed or anything for that matter, gimme a shout and ill help you out, always happy to help :D for freeee lol.

Cheers.

P.s, the reason they have a "decent" name in the industry, is because, come showtime, like autosalon they pou their heart and soul in to destroying, then rebuilding the boot of some waggon that needs a ridiculous amount of amps, tv's playstations and subs to win a show, they do a good job on these things, because they get a couple things... paid through the NOSE, pircks, free entry to all kinda things discounts just about everywhere simply because they did the work on the show cars. which they got paid heaps for. which makes them not care about anything under the value of a stupid amount of money.

Edited by QuickSilver

Never go to hotwire, i've been installing my own, and other peoples sounds for 2 years now, ive fixed jobs that hotwire have done, and some of them arent bad workmanship, their just ignorant mistakes, the problem is, all their installers quit, and they let their apprentices go nuts on whatever comes in, the last I remember a head deck install costs $100 bux??? Why??? I do not know, it takes 20 minutes if you A: have a multimetre, or a simply test light and B: have cables. MOST CARS HAVE CABLES!@!!!! Could be wrong as this was when the old owner was still around, having said all this, if anyone wants a head deck installed or anything for that matter, gimme a shout and ill help you out, always happy to help :D for freeee lol.

Cheers.

Well now I know for next time to come to you or anyone else who knows what they are doing. I knew I should have just got it all done at a place closer to me than out by work, live and learn huh

At least it shows I'm not the only one with a bad experience with them! but I cant say I'm overly supprised

Edited by RJS

P.s, the reason they have a "decent" name in the industry, is because, come showtime, like autosalon they pou their heart and soul in to destroying, then rebuilding the boot of some waggon that needs a ridiculous amount of amps, tv's playstations and subs to win a show, they do a good job on these things, because they get a couple things... paid through the NOSE, pircks, free entry to all kinda things discounts just about everywhere simply because they did the work on the show cars. which they got paid heaps for. which makes them not care about anything under the value of a stupid amount of money.

Yuh and the fact that they are affiliated with 'Rapid Radio,' who do more of the above than any other installer in the country...

yea im always keen to help out, its really simple stuff once u get it goin, im out west as well lol, about 30 seconds from gt north road, glen eden.

I dont understand how hotwire keep getting publicity, as you said rapid radio does more promo work than they do, yet no one knows who they are.

Edited by QuickSilver