Sign in to follow this  
ducatiss

E30 Convertible Springs

I have some E30 Convertible springs (the ones with the pink stripes on some of the coils). I know that these are supposed to be a heavier duty spring to cope with the increased weight of the convertible - but does anyone know whether the ride height is any lower than a standard 325i? Any info appreciated.

:rolleyes: looks like noone else does either. Ok then can anyone please measure up and tell me the spring length of a standard Front and Rear E30 325i spring and I will compare it to these ones.

Measuring them probably won't help, they are probably set at the same height as a standard spring but with a different rate. If anything, they might make your car sit higher..

My 'vert sat rather high when I first got it so ditched the springs for superlow King ones. Pic of it while still standard, make your own mind up... (the springs did have the pink marking also btw)

Will

Edited by will

Thank for that - but I would still like to know the height of a standard E30 325i spring. If anyone has one lying around and can help I would really appreciate it.

Will be able to help soon with measurement, in process of dismantliig a 325i, probably next week.

Grant