Sign in to follow this  
entscheidend

E39 OEM Stereo problem

Is there a thread or does anyone know what I missing here ...

I cant seem to adjust the volume on this car, not sure if it is focked or if I have a pressed something.

When I got the car the stereo worked fine, now it is set to the same volume and cant be changed. The knob only works now to turn on and off (push in and out)

This is the model without the TV/SATNAV, just the basic BC/stereo with tape player above.

Anyone have a suggestion?

I cant seem to adjust the volume on this car, not sure if it is focked or if I have a pressed something.

When I got the car the stereo worked fine, now it is set to the same volume and cant be changed. The knob only works now to turn on and off (push in and out)

This is the model without the TV/SATNAV, just the basic BC/stereo with tape player above.

I have a similar problem where the volume knob has a mind of its own. If i am cruising along with music playing, i find myself talking louder and louder to a an occupant as movement/bumps increase the volume. Hard braking causes the volume to go down...

when you turn the volume knob, can you feel it 'clicking' as its moved? mine doesnt, and i think this is why my volume does what it likes... if it doesnt click, then it may be badly worn, or the contact points need a thorough cleaning...

I recommend having a chat to jochen on these forums, he is a genius!

Go and get a new volume knob from BMW, same thing happened with my dads 5.

Worn knob means it has a mind of its own.

I've got some original BMW volume controls at home, I can fit a replacement for you if you want.

They do wear out - simple to replace.

Jochen

I've got some original BMW volume controls at home, I can fit a replacement for you if you want.

They do wear out - simple to replace.

Jochen

Thanks Jochen, i have just sent you a message

Thanks all for your help