Sign in to follow this  
Yuen

How a car engine works

that is awesome..a lot of people would benefit from watching this!

better than trying to explain it

Agreed - a great tool to show those not mechanically minded

very good, and if a picture is worth a thousand words, then this video must be worth, well, a whole heap! BTW, contrary to the video, the pistons aren't bolted to the crank and then shoved up through the bottom! And how many trainspotters can tell me what engine that is? (and yes it is an actual production engine) Chocolate fish to the first 10 correct answers, on the back of a postcard............

very good, and if a picture is worth a thousand words, then this video must be worth, well, a whole heap! BTW, contrary to the video, the pistons aren't bolted to the crank and then shoved up through the bottom! And how many trainspotters can tell me what engine that is? (and yes it is an actual production engine) Chocolate fish to the first 10 correct answers, on the back of a postcard............

looks like an nissan sr20de or sr18de to me

sorry scrach that the rocker cover is different

def has a timing chain instead of belt tho

I think its a brilliant idea, but what would really have made it worth while wouldve been if they had said what each bit was as they bolted it on. I can name a few things (I think) but certainly not all of it.

I vote for it being a Duratec. American version....... but this is Craig and not Shelley speaking.

I want my chocolate fish! If I'm rite.

Very cool animation.

Only one chocolate fish to give away- and the winnner is ............................................................................................................................................................................

Craig! Well done, your chcoclate fish will be posted out to you shortly!