Sign in to follow this  
318i Turbo

swaping m-tec 1 kit to m-tec 2

i hav no idea but i have read some tech articles about this ill try dig them up for you

what are u doing with the mtech one kit??

just a question, wats involved in taking the body kit off a 87 325i motorsport and fitting a full m-tec 2 kit and wat is one worth

its alot of work..... the bumpers just dont go on, you have to hack off the tow loops and pretty much mount it urself, it is hard to get right..... the side panels are the hardest, i haven't seen one fitting look good yet, always wavey!!!

heres how you do just the bumper conversion

in saying all thias i hope to have it done one day....

ps. if ur doin it shotgun buying ur mtec1 kit!!!

Guest Spargo

front will fit with plastic bumper conversion

rear will fit with plastic bumper coonversion, and then requires custom fabrication so it doesnt stick into the wheel arches (although i've seen one with it, and it looked fine, strange)

side panels will fit fine, but the rear wont really line up with the arch, as on the prefacelifts, the cut is higher.

see these pics:

Pic of 87 with plastic conversion and no kit modification

Guest Spargo

and no it gets interesting: This my my friends 87 cabrio. and the rear fits perfectly. Supposedly not the case, but it must be noted that for cabrio m-tec, many of the parts (rear, skirts, side mouldings) are different.

PERFECT FIT!

Guest Spargo

I think the answer for pre87 chaps, is to do the plastic conversion, and then buy cabrio bits from the st(d)ealer. Or spend time moulding a once piece bit of plastic. Your choice!