Sign in to follow this  
willyuka

Hello people, I'm from The Bay of Plenty, Whakatane area.

I recently aquired an E34 535i 1995 model DiamantSchwarz-Metallic (Black). This is my very first BMW and have owned her for over a week now and she is a very nice car to drive. I would like to tidy her up and make her look nicer but not too over the top.

Things started off when I owned a '90 Mitsi L200 Double Cab 2wd, and a friend wanted my ute to swap with a '90 VN V8 Calais, now I have an E34 I swapped for the Calais (both cars as is unwarranted-on hold). All the work needed on the BMW for a warrant I did myself, front tierod balljoints and the hanger bearing and replaced a front seatbelt and installed a rear screen. She is starting to suffer from electrical problems and am currently repairing them, my dash lights wouldnt light and found that the dimmer control was faulty. Jumped a couple of wires in the dimmer plug to get them going for now until I find a new switch.

Also the S-E-M switch by gear selector is missing and I also need a front bumper with fog lights.

I spied a nice set of look alike 5 spoke AC-Schitzer 17'' Wheels on trademe very cool. I have access to a lot of automotive goods at trade/wholesale prices and have good contacts.

I am 35, have a house the bank owns, have a laid back girlfriend (22) and her son is a cool fella that is 5yrs old.

Still have a few other toys to muck around with cos I enjoy playing with all sorts of stuff, mechanical and electrical.

Real enjoy beach fishing/ surf casting my trusty 4wd gets me there. Still own V8 5 speed Comm but aspire to own a E34 540 manual one day (dreamer) haha.

Thats me a little bit, thanks for your time.

Hi, Welcome aboard, great to see youre into the real cars now. Good luck with the repairs.

Howsit.

Love the bio - not many new members share quite so much - nice for a change.

Enjoy the 535 - they're great fun to drive if you have enough room to test them properly.

Flick some pics up once you hve it tidy.

Graham

Welcome. We'll look forward to some pictures of it.

Some nice roads around there to drive it on too.

Good to see another 5 series arrive onboard.

Welcome along.

On the subject of the sports/economy/snow switch, when I had one I often thought about rewiring it so that it was permanently in the S mode. Anyone here do that?

Hi, Welcome aboard, great to see youre into the real cars now. Good luck with the repairs.

Cheers Thanks

Howsit.

Love the bio - not many new members share quite so much - nice for a change.

Enjoy the 535 - they're great fun to drive if you have enough room to test them properly.

Flick some pics up once you hve it tidy.

Graham

Thanks, Ok I will

gidday, u'll have fun here lol, i know i am, everyone heres the shizzle.

Haha I see that, had a few good laughs already

Welcome. We'll look forward to some pictures of it.

Some nice roads around there to drive it on too.

Cheers thanks, love the east coast roads to Waihau Bay.

Welcome mate, everyone here I have found is knowledgable and friendly on all BMW's.

Cool, Thank you.

Hey welcome, enjoy the stay! I am one of the resident really old senile farts on the forum. B)

About the 5 series, good cars but we will bring you to your senses and get you into an E30 sometime.. :P

Pics, pics, pics!!!

Will

Welcome to the forum.

Plenty of 5 series owners here and also some very knowledgeable (sp ???) guys/girls

eg Jochen for real techo stuff.

Mike

If you need help with the electrics and the wiring I have the ETM (Electrical Troubleshooting Manual) on CD.

It's an interactive PDF manual with every variant of E34/E36 every built, with every option for (I believe) every country.

Useful :-)