Sign in to follow this  
Ged

2 window questions

Guys

1994 E36 vert. Had it for around 15 months now.. I have 2 window questions perhaps someone can help with. Both the problems below have been evident since I bought the motor.

1) The rear back right window takes about 1.5 secs/2 sec longer to shut...i.e the three windows have reached the top, stopped whilst it has about 2 inches to go...Anyway I can speed it up or is the motor just tired?

2) The drivers window when going down or up - about halfway through the motion there is a very audbile bang/thud, the window jerks/wobbles a bit then carries on...I would almost say the noise is like a dull crack. Any ideas what this is? Mechanism shot or can it be fixed?

Thanks for any pointers...

Ged

Rear could be a tired motor but also dry guides - try lubricating rubber guides with silicone spray - do all doors for that matter.

Front - sounds like window regulator assy - they have plastic parts that break, wire can catch on the spool. Need to confirm & replace the regulator assy if need be.