Sign in to follow this  
otagomed

Navigation on 1999 Jap import E46 328i

Hi,

I've recently bought E46 328i originally from Japan.

I've found that it has DVD-based MK4 navigation system. Must be upgraded by owner in Japan recently. Am I right? I thought MK4 was available well after 1999.

By reading some articles written by Jochen, it seems that I need to change something (sorry. To be honest, I could not fully understand what Jochen wrote. I don't know much about cars. :-(

If I upgrade my navigation system so I can use in NZ, Do I need to get a new MK4 unit or can I keep my old one.

What do I need? Just a new DVD?

Thanks.

Edited by otagomed

Jochen will be able to awnser this to the letter ... try PM'ing him .. and maybe post your findings when you sort it so others may learn .. :D

Hi,

I've recently bought E46 328i originally from Japan.

I've found that it has DVD-based MK4 navigation system. Must be upgraded by owner in Japan recently. Am I right? I thought MK4 was available well after 1999.

By reading some articles written by Jochen, it seems that I need to change something (sorry. To be honest, I could not fully understand what Jochen wrote. I don't know much about cars. :-(

If I upgrade my navigation system so I can use in NZ, Do I need to get a new MK4 unit or can I keep my old one.

What do I need? Just a new DVD?

Thanks.

Yes, your nav CAN be made to work over here. But the nav computer needs to be replaced.

The Japs have a totally different system to NZ (and Rest of World)

All achieveable for <$2k

PM me for details

Jochen