Sign in to follow this  
greenday-rulz21

Audi R8

Is anyone going to see the Audi R8 at Giltrap Audi this weekend?

post-1498-1176801028_thumb.jpgpost-1498-1176801047_thumb.jpg post-1498-1176801078_thumb.jpgpost-1498-1176801067_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty good, 4.2L V8 - 420hp :D

Weighing in at 1560kgs, with a 0-100km/h time of 4.2 seconds and a possible top speed of 301km/h.

Future upgrades aparently include a 520hp 5.2L V10 and the 6.0L V12 TDI engine from the Q7 have been confirmed.

Priced from around $262,000NZD for the base model.

What do you guys think??

Edited by Nick021

Yep Thats a bit of me. Do I see subtle lines of a Bugatti in it?

Yep Thats a bit of me. Do I see subtle lines of a Bugatti in it?

definately taking a note out of their book for sure.

Went to have a look last weekend and I liked it quite a lot. It was in black so you couldn't see all the plastic grills.

Just a couple pics for anyone thats interested (not very good as used camera phone)

post-1498-1177473877_thumb.jpgpost-1498-1177473952_thumb.jpgpost-1498-1177474048_thumb.jpg

Very impressed with the interior, usual Audi high quality.

Also saw this : R.I.P R8

Not very good for the V10 concept!

147000 for the base model?

maybe 347000, but definitely not 147.

if a fully specced commodore costs 100k, that is certainly not going to only be 50k more

edit: on the audi site they say $260,000. which is a fricken bargain for what it is. although porsche do a 911 for the same money that is, in my completely uninformed, and based purely off hearsay and internet nerds, opinion, a far better car.

Edited by crshbndct

That info came from an American website 6 months ago, before it was launched, so the price has obviously changed. But 260k now, bit of a difference I have to admit.

Thats the same engine thats in the rs4?

Yeah same engine, the exhaust setup is different on the R8 (shorter) since the engine is behind the driver, makes less low RPM torque but a bit more top end power...

Here's a dyno comparison of the two:

Posted Image

The R8 was named the best handling car of the year by US Autocar - it keeps pace pretty well with the Porsche GT3 RS ($310k NZD) as shown here: http://www.egmcartech.com/2007/10/03/video...porsche-gt3-rs/

Love them. Saw one close up at the brisbane motor show earlier this year.

There is a great video on here that the late Jock(styleSM5) made when he drove one.

If I won $19 million I'd be buying one of these, not an Aston Martin.

Saw a black one in Wellington a few weeks back in the dealler show room, then 1/2 an hour later we passed it on the motorway - being driven very sedately by a middle aged couple - what a waste!

I can't understand how some people are saying its ugly. To me its gorgeous (sp?) and yes I can see the veyron in it now you mention it.

gorgeous (sp?)

Correct, and I couldn't agree more.