Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

E30 Air Filter

Hi there, I went to Jerry Clayton the other day to pick up all new filters for the dirty 30 and I noticed yesturday that the Air filter I was supplied with appears to be smaller than the one already in my car by about 2 - 3" and I rang them up and they were absolutly sure its the right one.

The part number for the one I was supplied with is 13.72-1 715 881 if that at all helps for those that are freakishly familiar with BMW part numbers hah.

The mesurements are 260mm X 150mm if that helps

So anyone know which one is the right one?

Cheers

Hi, 260x150 is right by all 6 of mine, 318's. Yours must have been changed?

I went in recently and asked for a 325 filter, got it home to find it was vastly different. Of course I had forgotten the SA aspect of mine and had to get it swapped.

Did you give them the chassis number or just ask for an air filter for a specific model ?

Yeah I did give them the chassis number but I suppose its a honest mistake on thier half, I'll give them a call and get it changed over.

Cheers

Is your air filter box metal or plastic? Metal ones use a larger panel filter than the plastic ones.

I'm pretty sure it's the metal one from memory? But my memory is rather goldfish like.

I'm pretty sure it's the metal one from memory? But my memory is rather goldfish like.

Yep it is metal.

I spoke to another guy from JCBMW earlier and he said he knows what I mean and has dealt with the problem before and said he ended out using a filter from a 5-Series. But he said to come in tomorow and return the wrong one and he find me the right one.

Thanks for the help guys

Graeme, Memory rather goldfish like? Saw Mythbusters on TV the other day prove that goldfish do infact learn & have memory - when it came to food anyway.

Just got back from JC now and ordered the filter I need which ended out being some special Micronic filter but I dont think a piece of foam on top of a filter is special but it ended out being about $5 cheaper so thats all good. Had to order it though Ex Germany so wont get it for 14 - 28 days, but oh well its proberbly my only other option.

Funny how I went to Jerry Clayton BMW to order the filter and ended out leaving with a new job with them

Like your sig bro. If you could hide your wheels with a pot plant or something be even cooooooler.

K&N panel FTW BTW