Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

What to do?

I recently put a digital camera on trademe. I bought it from Parallel Imported as a demo model and it did not come with the box/cd/cradle/USB cable etc. I was however sold a charger/battery and a 256mb memory stick and a card reader with the camera. I did not keep the reciept as it was a demo it did not have a warranty.

Over christmas i lost the charger for the camera so I bought a whole new camera and had no need for this one as i didnt have the charger.

When it was on trademe I had a few people bidding on the camera and about 20 minutes before the auction closed a member called 'Hongkongkiwi,' outbid the leading bidder and won the auction. I sent him the payment intructions and did not hear anything for a few days. When i did get an e-mail back he wanted my phone number so that he could ring and ask some questions, okay i gave him a number and was contacted. He started asking a whole lot of q's about the camera, like: Why dont you have the box and all the other bits if you only lost the charger?

I answered honestly and told him i bought it as a demo and it was fully legit. He begged to differ.

I went on trademe that night and hello!!! He placed a comment on my feedback saying :

You have been referred by me to THE POLICE ,!!!, I BELIEVE THIS CAMERA IS STOLEN. After speaking with the POLICE 'BREAK SQUAD' about the situation AND YOUR RESPONSES, they appeared very interested in you.I believe you lied to me and I believe you to be a VERY EXTREMELY DISHONEST TRADER !!!

When i found this i decided to call him this morning. Upon ringing him and trying to explain in full the situation he had already made his mind up about it. He hung up on me and was very rude. He called me a 'f**king black c**t,' 'a black sh*t theif,' and a few other obscenities but im sure you all get the picture.

I have a converstaion recorded that is him telling me to 'f**k off'. I was nothing but nice to the guy and im sure the people that know me on here can verify that i am most certainly not a 'f**king black c**t!'

I am very upset/pissed off about this. I have layed a complaint with trade me and will be speaking with a lawyer in regards to the police side of things. I can assure everyone that the camera is NOT stolen.

He has also tarnished my mums trademe account, she did have 160ish 100% positive feedbacks and now has this brandished to her name.

He also has an accomplice with the username 'shoe7,' he has been asking questions about the camera (i relisted it) and a g shock watch i have listed. He wanted to sort out a 'deal' on both. I looked in his feedback and see the he has on many occasions traded with 'Hongkongkiwi,' they seem rather friendly, and i think they think the watch is stolen to. I have reciepts and a box for this.

I have blacklisted both of them on my account and havnt heard anything from the police yet.

Any help or advice in this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Some people should stop trying to play detective and lets the real cops do the work....

I lolled, when you put location as Papakura, you get a few assumptions huh.

Trademes been a bit of a dog lately, I bought something at $1 reserve for a buck, the guy doesnt seem to want to get ahold of me. Tis a pain in the butt.

I wouldn't worry about the feedback, I had over 400 before I got my first red, some people haven't got a life, and honest people will see right thru it anyway. Not a lot you can do about it, but like I said, you'll soon see the funny side. You've done the right thing, blacklist them and let us know who they are, so we don't get caught. I'd red them as well, so others get the idea.

I see you have, probably shouldn't have used the language, it only gives them something else to complain about?

Edited by Silver Fox

I just want the truth out there about this guy.

If it says in his feedback that he a rascist maybe some people with think twice about trading with him.

Guest Denny Crane

I wil kill them.

I mean, give me the auction number

Edited by Denny Crane

Thats bad news on the feedback, the only thing I can think to do is contact trademe and ask for it to me removed (I have done this previously for complete idiots) They can do it but you have to explain fully the situation and everything, or you can just post a comment under the feedback he placed telling anyone that looks at your feedback what the problem was. And the racist comments, report that to trademe also, I wouldn't be surprised if they suspended his account.

But I do agree with Silver Fox, some people havn't got anything better to do.

Hey Mate!

Do your homework first. I just checked out "hongkongkiwi's" profile. [A girl called Vivienne from Chch]

if you searched her 400 odd feedbacks there could be a contact number somewhere. I saw your feedback listed, I would request that Trade-me remove these comments on the grounds that they are defamatory! While you are at it, point out to trade-me,where in her feedbacks [on page 4 of her feedbacks, auction #85052778,client "glayford"] she is trying to bypass trade-me and wholesale 50 items to a trade-me client!

Trade-me will disclose all client details to you[upon request],if there is a legal dispute requiring legal action

[if you get any contact details, pm me, and I'll show you a 'very efficient' too get them to co-operate]

Good luck

Sent a letter to trademe and emails etc but to no avail.

Still waiting for the success fee to be paid back.

Might be because the cops have started an investigation and trade me are waiting until the police are finished who

knows.

Ill keep this thread updated, thanks guys :D

Gutted,what a f**ken noob,yep Trademe will give you their details if needed for legal shizz,they did for my brother and his guitar amp.Get it and rock over with a baseball bat.

kerry,could be keen to get in on your very effective way!