Sign in to follow this  
B.AMAZD

e36 stereo sizes!!!

hey does anyone know whats the size of the stereo that can fit in a 97 e36 coupe?? im plannin to install a LCD in my car, CHEERS ;)

hey does anyone know whats the size of the stereo that can fit in a 97 e36 coupe?? im plannin to install a LCD in my car, CHEERS ;)

You can fit most units in there, Alpine, SONY etc I have found

hey, ive just installed new head unit in my e36, it would have to be a single din lcd with inbuild dvd player, otherwise you would have to mount the dvd player somewhere else (glove box,under seat) then it gets messy.

Yep, as above. As long as its single din you'll be fine. Goodluck

Edited by 3 SERIES

My last audio set up used a separate dvd player and tv unit. Both were single DIN size. Tried taking out just about everythign in the front of the car to get them to fit and still look clean. There is a potential spot in the panel above the glove box lock but it would mean losing air con and heat to the front passenger which isn't really desirable.

The best option is to head down to Repco and get a DIN expansion unit. Costs about $15 although they probably won't have them in stock.

I then mounted my DVD player under the glove box and the tv in the factory slot. Theres a space next to the factory DIN slot to run your wires down to the DVD player (just make sure you keep them away from the heater pipes).

This would also work for a stacker/normal head unit set up I guess.

As far as double-DIN untis go....You're either rich or dreaming if you want to put one in an e36 :)