Sign in to follow this  
Guest Speedye30

Plastic conditioner?

Guest Speedye30

How do I give my cars plastic a long lasting shiny dark black appearance?

Of course I am expecting some wierd and wonderful chemical... what do you use?

Thanks in advance!

Posted ImagePosted Image

nice coat of paint will fix that for good, or try meguiers vianl and rubber.

Guest Andrew

Ahh - I have just the thing for you - I use in on the FUGLY plastic bumpers that some Land Rovers have.

Autoglym Plastic restorer.

Green sh*t - smells , odd. Basically apply it with a soft cloth. Wait a while - then buff it up a little for a nice black shine on your rubber/plastics.

Now - i'm not sure where you could get it from - but if you get desparate I could send you down some.

Guest Speedye30

Well, thanks for the info. I like the idea of that autoglym stuff, Andrew. Looked around for it a bit. Seems to be only available in big professional pack?? If you could fill a small container with some from your work, I would hook you up...

Guest Andrew

Well, thanks for the info. I like the idea of that autoglym stuff, Andrew. Looked around for it a bit. Seems to be only available in big professional pack?? If you could fill a small container with some from your work, I would hook you up...

I'll see what I can do - you too ollie.

and me dawg!!

that autoglem sh*t is the shizzle but yea you can only get the mecca industrial size version!

hook a black man up yo!

Guest Speedye30

Sounds to me like you have an opportunity here, Andrew! Get a pack of this stuff from your work at cost. Add a suitable (small :P ) markup, get some containers, and sell this stuff to BS peeps like me, and everyone else. Quick, before I snap the market up!

Sounds to me like you have an opportunity here, Andrew! Get a pack of this stuff from your work at cost. Add a suitable (small :P ) markup, get some containers, and sell this stuff to BS peeps like me, and everyone else. Quick, before I snap the market up!

That is a bloody good idea. I'd buy some from you. It is a lot better than armourall anyway which looks good for about 1/2 an hour only.

Cheers

that makes me smile

Guest Andrew

Holy shizzle this shiats expensive. You guys could hook yourselfs up with a litre for around $50.

BLING f**kEN BLING!!!!!!!!!!!

get me some

Guest Speedye30

Hey Andrew. How big is the pack of this stuff? 5litres? Well at $50 a litre, how about 500ml for 25 or 30. Then it doesn't seem so much like applying liquid gold to the car. What say you? I will buy one however you end up doing it...