Sign in to follow this  
m325i

My Lastest Mods!!

pretty much napped the wheel off. This is with the steering wheel str8. Mag is dead i need a new one if anyon can help....

Thanks

you hit a curb? cant help ya with a new mag, but check your tie rods (inner and outer), control arms, and if you hit the rear.....trailing arms and subframe....when you get a wheel alignment it can tell you whats out with the rear..good luck!

Gus is right. From that Pic, you need more than just a new wheel, something is seriously bent under there.

Check your control arm and yout tie rods, I think she might need minor surgery.

Good luck

Cheers

oh yeah its gonna be $000's. It was undrivable. Went in yesterday. But i know the repair pple are gonna have trouble finding a wheel. Any ideas?

Guest Spargo

Gutted mate! Where did you do it in akl?

looks like you indersteered, strange for an M325 :lol:

I can't help you with a mag, perhaps try SD European and Mosen Euro Parts in the 'tron?

Na it was lazy oversteer, wasnt even fast, or trying, hit the inside kirb, those big rock ones and it caught, and pulledit back. its f**ked underneath

to be honest...it shouldnt be 000's.....although it does sound nasty.....is the back wheels damaged at all? cos thats the harder part to do....if you have just damaged the front...at the most you will have to replace:

mag

control arm

control arm bushing (may as well get a pair of e30 m3 control arm bushings while your at it)

inner tie rod

outer tie rod

i cant imagine much more than that unless the body is damaged, which is doesnt look to be, and thats all easy work to do yaself......steering rack should be ok....the mag solution could just be easier to buy another set of 15's......use your current tyres....i really dont know where you would get just one basket weave from (maybe BMW, i think one new would be around 4-500

If it is just that dent on the outside, chances are the wheel can be fixed.

But I'd imagine the control arm and tie rod look pretty banana'ed under there.

Guest Speedye30

the mag solution could just be easier to buy another set of 15's......use your current tyres....i really dont know where you would get just one basket weave from (maybe BMW, i think one new would be around 4-500

Methinks a wrecker or spares place like mosen or somewhere. So just try to get a wheel from another incomplete set. It's got to be better than buying a new one (unless its an insurance job...) Sorry to see your car messed up there, man. :(

Edited by Speedye30

Its an insurance job. It pushed the guard back so you cant open the door. Its a mess underneath, that picture makes it look better too.

They said if they cant find one wheel insurance will pay for a new set...

But to be honest i dont want new ones. Unless they are those similar bbs ones...

a new set of basketweaves cost round 1800 from bmw if insurance is paying

Guest Speedye30

Was your spare tyre a basketweave as well?

Shhhh.... not too loud! We don't want the insurance company knowing, now do we?

This could be your chance (Grant) to get a set of 'em.

Guest Andrew

SHOTGUN!

Ahh, yes, my thinking exactly.

I promise I won't ring any insurance companies.

Cheers

that sounds nasty....your shock/strut assembly is prob f**ked too...what sort of cover do you have? and who you insured with? cos i didnt think most insurance covered stuff when it was your fault? maybe im just being dumb....good luck getting it all fixed

Guest Andrew

that sounds nasty....your shock/strut assembly is prob f**ked too...what sort of cover do you have? and who you insured with? cos i didnt think most insurance covered stuff when it was your fault? maybe im just being dumb....good luck getting it all fixed

Gus - yes your being dumb - why on else would people have full insurance if it wasn't your fault.. lol

Greame...I think you might have some more parts sales coming up.

Cheers

I wont hold my breath Grant , Ive seen cars with less damage writen off by insurance companies

I was thinking if my spare was a mag. I doubt it.

Full insurance, but $1000 excess. Killer, but what are you gonna do?

Funny thing is it was due for a warrent, (doent matter for insure coz had no effect on accident), but i didnt get one b/c the indicator stoped working, (loose connec). The smack from the accident has fixed it!

$400 each wheel from Team Mc, Ex Germany.

i hav a mag for ya i had it as my spear but i think ur in a bit more need, its a shame i didnt no earlyer i had the a swing arm and the lot which i think u may need