Sign in to follow this  
pommy

536i

alright just wondering do you reckon a 93 540i engine would fit into a e36!

cos they did make an alpina b10! so maybe :unsure :unsure:

alright just wondering do you reckon a 93 540i engine would fit into a e36!

cos they did make an alpina b10! so maybe :unsure :unsure:

Anything can be made to fit, pretty sure there will be examples around. If they can fit a v12 into an e30, the v8 into an e36 will be child's play.

And if you are battling to get it to fit, just get Gus with his hammer and talk wrench ^_^

Agreed, it should be "340i" But yes, it will fit. I have seen one, you need some serious sump mods, and I think exhaust headers needed to be made along with engine and tranny mounts. Plenty of room in the engine bay, and the tranny tunnel plenty large enough. No harder than fitting a Lexus, which seems to be in vogue for some strange reason (oh yes, they are cheap!)

Agreed, it should be "340i" But yes, it will fit. I have seen one, you need some serious sump mods, and I think exhaust headers needed to be made along with engine and tranny mounts. Plenty of room in the engine bay, and the tranny tunnel plenty large enough. No harder than fitting a Lexus, which seems to be in vogue for some strange reason (oh yes, they are cheap!)

cheers for your input lads know what you mean I was just playin around it was meant cos its out of a 5 series and in to a 3 series e36 just a bit of a joke but obviously a private one! (but am serious bout the transplant so any input

appreciated)