Sign in to follow this  
Guest Speedye30

Tinting the windows

Guest Speedye30

I was thinking about window tinting the other day. It certainly would lower interior temperature on a hot day. It might look alright too...

What do Bimmersport folk say? Pros and cons. Install yourself, of pay a professional? Which brands of film are good? Which brands are crap? Can you legally go darker than 35% on the passenger windows?

I only want to do the 4 side and 2 rear quarter windows.

Thanks for replying!

Lewis

Edited by Speedye30

i was gonna mention it the other day....your car would look good with tints.....IMO def get it done professionally....its not that expensive and is incredibly difficult to do yourself unless your ollie....even then there is a gap between windows. i would recommend the rear as well, as its more uniform the whole way round (just looks funny otherwise) i havent had my car without them so cant comment on how it helps heat!

no ya cant go darker than 35% on any window unless your a van

and im pretty sure beamers arent classed as vans (even though most go as quick as them "muhahaha" )

check the stripe and molding site here dawg

window tinting isnt that cheap you pay round $300 dollors to get done at magic tint in p.n, na you cant put 35% on a beama because they have standerd window tints, i had 20% on my cr and got thm rippd off by the police, then i had 35% all round which i applyed myself and still got failed on a warrent of fitness beacuse they were darker than 35% beacuse of the standerd window tint, i can apply tints i used to work at tint magic in palmy,

im thinking of mirror tinting my e30 it'll look phat

I like lightly tinted windows...but there is nothing worse than some of those 'do it yourself' ones, they look very tacky (unless of course you are experienced at this type of thing).

Go for it, and get it done professionally. Circa $300 isn't too bad, I don't think).

Cheers

my brother has been pulled over a fair amount of times to day the least but never been told off for his tints or anything and they are 5% and he get warrents and everything

I had 5% on mine for quite a while and then came my second warrant and it failed .. eh ..

I do it myself because my brother taught me how to tint, he used to tint for people at $180 a car. He was the guy in Dunedin for Tint Magic.

He tinted my old man's old 1999 540i in 99% mirror that look damn hot ... didn't get in trouble with cop's or warrants .. the warrant guys just asked, is that factory tints .? and he'd say yup and end of story ... :lol: