Sign in to follow this  
a13antichrist

E39 newbie - what do I need to know?

I think this gives it away ;-)

THESE WILL FIT 3 SERIES 5 STUD AND 1 SERIES ALSO

You guys need to remember that an e39 has a different center bore to all other BMW's so you cant just bolt on whatever BMW wheel you find.

I think this gives it away ;-)

You guys need to remember that an e39 has a different center bore to all other BMW's so you cant just bolt on whatever BMW wheel you find.

I can appreciate that but since all I know so far is that a 40 offset will work, a 40 offset won't work, a 10 offset would be good and a 10 offset wouldn't be good, it's hard to know for sure ;)

LOL - well, I AM old, but I thought they were in post #6??

True, I guess I blanked that bit out of my mind since he mentioned they were also available in silver & no-one would think he was seriously recommending them in chrome ;) hehe

Edited by a13antichrist

I can appreciate that but since all I know so far is that a 40 offset will work, a 40 offset won't work, a 10 offset would be good and a 10 offset wouldn't be good, it's hard to know for sure ;)

True, I guess I blanked that bit out of my mind since he mentioned they were also available in silver & no-one would think he was seriously recommending them in chrome ;) hehe

ok here is the what you need. offset of 10-25 depending on wheel width! centre bore of 74.1

up to 8.5" width at front and probably 9.5" width at rear, 10" will work but requires a bit of know how and finesse. Also have new M5 style wheels in stock and another replica, check out the piccies :D

ps have bmw centres also

post-1835-1179210890_thumb.jpg

post-1835-1179210916_thumb.jpg

I am st the moment organising a brand new set of OEM M Parallel wheels from USA, I am about to organise a container from Los Angeles, If you want pick some wheels, and we can go halves with freight?

It takes about 14 days to get here for $500NZ

I also got some Conti's Contact sport / 225 front and 265 rear for $800 USD - here they cost $800 each tyre!!

How are you getting your tyres onto the container? The guy running the P39 GB also has M5 front bumpers; seems like you could cut your cost on the container quite a bit by putting a quick word around to see if there might be a group of people interested in this sort of part that are difficult to get shipped individually...

i saw a set of Mparallels floating round on trademe...claimed to be genuine..under a grand reserve met

EDIT: heres the link

sorry if anyone was bidding and trying to keep it on the D-low :unsure:

Edited by 328imobbin

i saw a set of Mparallels floating round on trademe...claimed to be genuine..under a grand reserve met

EDIT: heres the link

sorry if anyone was bidding and trying to keep it on the D-low :unsure:

That'll teach me to search for E39.. so E34 & E39 are compatible then, & E39 & E46 aren't.. but E36 & E46 are? Then, are E39 & E60 compatible?

That'll teach me to search for E39.. so E34 & E39 are compatible then, & E39 & E46 aren't.. but E36 & E46 are? Then, are E39 & E60 compatible?

Not always .... Things like the offset on wheels from E60 is higher than E39 etc.

Let me know if you want to get wheels from overseas, I managed to get cheap shipping down here...PM me if you want more details on how to do this.

How are you getting your tyres onto the container? The guy running the P39 GB also has M5 front bumpers; seems like you could cut your cost on the container quite a bit by putting a quick word around to see if there might be a group of people interested in this sort of part that are difficult to get shipped individually...

That pic is a genuine M5, wheels have been replaced.

i am waiting another guy to make up his mind on what wheels he wants for his E30, then ship them all together.

I am sending all my stuff to Umnitza in Oakland (there are ways around customs etc hehe) then he will send them down here by either air or boat.

Dont get those ones of Trademe - their chrome and not OE :-) IMO anyway...:-)

Anyway let me know if you want to get something from USA

Edited by entscheidend

Anyway let me know if you want to get something from USA

If it's coming in together and customs-free I'd probab;y be looking at getting a number of pieces:

- M5 rear bumper

- M5 front bumper

- P39s

- Wheels

- Tyres, hadn't been a consideration but your deal on Conti's would be worth a look too..

I know Umnitza had a GB running just recently for the rears, think that's over now.. he still has the fronts going at 350 + 49 for fogs I think it is. And I'm sure I saw another for rears at 280. I need to keep a better track of things. <_<

Not always .... Things like the offset on wheels from E60 is higher than E39 etc.

NO...just about all 5 6 7 and 8 series cars share the same wheel offset,including the E39 .The E39 has a peculiar hub size 74.1 instead of the 72.5 of the rest of the bigger cars,including the e60

3 series wheels generally do not suit the bigger cars,because their offsets are quite different

However a lot of aftermarket wheels have a hub dia of 74.1,si you are sweet there.