Sign in to follow this  
a13antichrist

What are these worth?

Were those LED or just Celis.

If you just want the Celis try the dealers you might be pleasantly surprised, thats where I got mine for the e38. Worked out the same price as shipping them from either the UK, Germany or the States.

'Nother question, what is CELIS anyway?

And what's better out of these two, same seller:

LED: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E39-5-S...58851QQtcZphoto

Non-LED: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/96-03-BMW-E39-5-SERI...oQQcmdZViewItem

Seems a pretty sweet price but I guess that means no bulbs? Does that mean CELIS or non-CELIS is irrelevant?

Well the first ones are using LED's and the second ones are just clear lenses that have been smoked. Well thats what I see on a quick look anyway.

Ive always though the Celis was just the 'crystal' look of the clear lenses.

Eurolights is a decent seller, a mate bought some angel eye fronts but ordered the wrong ones and broke on the the tabs when trying to put them in. The guy took them back no problem and sourced the correct ones for him.

Hmmm after a quick look on Google it appears CELIS might be the name BMW used the Angel Eyes.. in which case I don't get how they could be relevant for rear lights.. anyway..

Is there any way I can tell from E-bay or Trade-me which sets of lights are going to be crap & which ones are good? :/

Celis is something to do with clear, defo not the angel eyes.

Depo is a decent brand on ebay (not a seller) and the eurolights bloke on TM is good. Have you checked out the dealers just in case ?

E39 CELIS tails use LEDs on the sides of the tails to light up horizontal lines (the lines are plastic rods, similar design to angel eyes in terms of the notches in the plastic to help diffuse the light coming in from one end). The LEDs are only used for the normal 'night time' lights, brake lights, rear fogs, indicators, reverse lights all still use bulbs.

So you will never need to change your rear driving lights :)

LED's are a lot brighter because of their design most trucks these days have them fitted.Celis I believe has something to do with the way the plastic has been shaped to reflect the light through it etc.