Sign in to follow this  
tibbs.james

Suspension Components

Howdy guys

I know what suspension setup i want ,lowered springs which a higher spring rate, and something that can damp them well. Nice and simple because its still to be a road car.

from reading on the forum jamex springs seem to work but not as well as other brands. I imagine king springs would be in the same boat. its hard to know when manufactures don't actually list the spring rate on their catalogs.

What is the spring rate for a 320i FL ? because whatever it is its not high enough as my car feels quite soft

what spring rate are some of the springs you lot have used in your E-30's ? or what brand of springs seemed to work well?

i would like about a 30mm drop so to not mess with the rear camber too much

i would like to get away with having the springs captive and no having to shorten shocks , ie the issues which have already been discussed in other suspension threads.

Repco can get me Munro Reflex Gas shocks, whick sounds pretty good. After going onto their website and having a read it sounds like these would damp a stiffer spring quite well and still ride nicely on the road.

What shocks have you had a good experiecne with .

This will be going in an E30 Mainly used for Road driving with the idea of going to the odd track day with the local car club.

H&R sports...33mm drop or so, handle great on the road, not bad on track..best compromise i have come across so far

would be suspicious of repco shocks...bilstein or koni seem to be the way to go..happy to take ya for a ride at a meet sometime

Thanks for the offer GUS i will have to take your word for it tho as im a Chch feller.

Where can i Get these H&R Springs from the 33m drop sounds perfect.

What do a set of koni shocks sting $$$ wise ? and on the price note how much are people getting their H&R springs for?

i was going to replace my standard (e36) ones recently and koni were the most expensive out of the lot. but seemed the best. bilstein was next but some people had problems with them. i guess the same could apply to e30s.

koni's are adjustable and can be rebuilt.

where can i get the H&R springs from ?