Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

Not sure on this one

hey guys

Bare with me on this one

ill try and explain as much as possible

the cars been acting a bit wierd lately

took it for a bit of a test drive in the wet the other day as im fixing bits and pieces.

usually if i put the throttle down while going round a corner i can get both wheels spinning and drift

but now i have one wheel forever spinning. (it never used to do this)

Some one a while ago said that my 325i may have come out with a lsd? could this be the problem?

that my lsd needs fixing?

Or if i have a standard open diff does that mean my diff is poked ?

Sometimes when cold i have a whining noise in the back? Diff fluid replacing ?

What are the specs of a 1986 E30 325i?

recently ive had a clutch job on it, and there is now oil leaking in the gap between the trans and bell housing

could this be the problem (rear main seals), that oil is leaking onto the clutch making it slip?

Sorry if this is a bit confusing, im not mechanically minded so just trying to feed you guys with enough info

but do you guys have any idea on what this problem could be ? New diff? Diff fluid replacing? Oil leaks

Your oil leak sounds like a rear main seal. Ask them if they replaced it while they were there doing the clutch. This wouldnt cause problems with your diff. Altho if the clutch was slipping you could have mistaken that for one wheel slipping. Are you sure its spinning one wheel?

The LSD could let go but i wouldnt asume it would happen that fast. Maybe they stole it haha. (touch wood)

Not all 325s came with LSD standard from factory-

Edited by Hi Tower