Sign in to follow this  
jpp

e36 window wiper repair??

LHS wiper on my 1994 320i coupe doesn't fully work. Motor seems to want to work, but it won't move. Why possible solutions??

Cheers,

Jared.

Try tightening the 13mm arm nut with the wipers in the parked position

Try tightening the 13mm arm nut with the wipers in the parked position

Good idea!

Also, I'm new to e36ers, why do the windows wind down when doors open etc? What do the 1000+, 100, 10 etc buttons on the OBC panel do?

Good idea!

Also, I'm new to e36ers, why do the windows wind down when doors open etc? What do the 1000+, 100, 10 etc buttons on the OBC panel do?

I presume your e36 is a 2 door.

The windows come down slightly so you don't have to be a muscle man to close the door.

The 1000/100/10/1 buttons are for adjusting the clock/date/etc.

Edited by my_e36

Good idea!

Get an owners manual.....about $30

Windows roll down slightly when you open the door so that when you close it, firstly it will prevent the surrounding rubber seals to get worn out quickly.

Secondly, I've heard it's something to do with pressure inside the cabin - the door will be easier to shut because the cabin pressure = outside pressure. But, that sounds a little BS to me because Sedans can close fine without the window rolling down - unless the lack of a frame around the window on the Coupe makes it flex more hence the difference in pressure will strain the glass.