Sign in to follow this  
bluezman

540i exhaust change

Hi guys and gals

I have recently bought a 97 540i, It has enough power for me as it is, but I wouldn't mind getting a nice deep rumble from the exhaust. I suppose I would like people to know its V8 (poser) so if you have any suggestions that won't effect the engine management system too much, I'd love to hear them !

cheers

Converted

Al`s Mufflers

Target Rd, Glenfield

They did both of my 540`s exhaust systems.

Highly recommended.

Regards Ray 0212HELLBM

I did mine purely for cosmetics. (Sound,looks)

I`ll worry about a dyno after I`ve supercharged one of them.

(already chipped with LSD installed)

Thanks Ray

I'll make a note, thats awesome !

Its hard finding people who are not scared to work on these cars, does anyone else find this ??

cheers

Its hard finding people who are not scared to work on these cars, does anyone else find this ??

Scared?

I wrote my own software to re-program some of my cars settings.... and do things like enable the TV screen when moving... does that make me hard to find...??

People only get scared when they don't understand something :-)

Scared?

I wrote my own software to re-program some of my cars settings.... and do things like enable the TV screen when moving... does that make me hard to find...??

Jochen.. What settings did you reset ?

Jochen.. What settings did you reset ?

My NavCoder software (current release v2.1.1) does the following:

Reads and codes the navigation languages. You can set any of 7 different languages. My nav can talk to me in Russian if I like (very KGB!)

Reads and codes the navigation options such as setting the correct telematics, ensuring the VIN number in the nav is the same as the car, enabling/disabling arrival time display and adapting splitscreen mode according to the type of vehicle

Reads and codes the TV settings, enables TV when driving, switches handbrake detection on/off

Reads all fitted equipment on the ibus and reports part numbers, manufacturing dates, HW and SW version, and manufacturer name

Reads and codes Bluetooth telephone module, reads the passkey, reads and sets the emergency number, reads and sets the Speed Dependent Volume

That's all so far :-)

I add more as I learn what does what.

My NavCoder software (current release v2.1.1) does the following:

Reads and codes the navigation languages. You can set any of 7 different languages. My nav can talk to me in Russian if I like (very KGB!)

Reads and codes the navigation options such as setting the correct telematics, ensuring the VIN number in the nav is the same as the car, enabling/disabling arrival time display and adapting splitscreen mode according to the type of vehicle

Reads and codes the TV settings, enables TV when driving, switches handbrake detection on/off

Reads all fitted equipment on the ibus and reports part numbers, manufacturing dates, HW and SW version, and manufacturer name

Reads and codes Bluetooth telephone module, reads the passkey, reads and sets the emergency number, reads and sets the Speed Dependent Volume

That's all so far :-)

I add more as I learn what does what.

Well done, you should look at marketing it, everyone else does

Scared?

You certainly wern't hard to find. I asked on eurosport.co.nz about my e39's nav and you were highly recommended.

I'll send you an email when my 5 arrives.

Dave.

What pipe sizes do you guys or is generally thought best on a 540/740 etc? are they twins all through?

Y piped? most people doing a n/a lexus 4.0 v8 use twin 2 1/4 primarys and ether a 2.5inch mandrel bent single or a 3inch single. Im going for a 2.5 inch single as thats whats we think and most of the REAL exhaust experts thinks best