Sign in to follow this  
POWER

E30 Facelift shell WANTED

Hey guys, Im Mat. Ive been on here for a little while now and all the info on this site has really been a big help for a car n00b like me.

Just last week, I took my car into VTNZ to get it re-warranted as the warrant expired (as they do). First warrant its been through since I bought the car 5 months ago. And I was absolutely furious to find out the rear chassis rail was bent. REALLY bent. Ive been trying to track down the previous owner (to no avail) and I have been nothing but gentle on my car, so this was a shock which has now left me bimmerless and :(.

SO I was curious if anyone has, maybe an old e30 shell around, or an E30 with a f**ked gearbox, engine, diff or maybe all 3 that I could buy? Preferably in Diamond-schwarz and Face-lift. Name your price and Ill see if I can afford it haha.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't help with a shell, but feel your pain - exact thing happened to me and I'm not a car n00b. Kicked myself for ages for not checking properly under the car ( I did look but missed it). In my case I had it repaired - you might want to look at this option - might end up cheaper than swapping everything into a new shell.

Or cut your losses, part it out and buy a new one.

Thats the thing. Repairing it is going to cost basically what the car is worth! And on top of that I will have to get it certified. I was just hoping to get a shell, its got a fantastic engine, M-tech II Body kit etc, it just seems like such a waste :(

Back to trademe I guess haha.

Edited by Mat

I got a "shell" that is basically rolling, 4dr, 1990, rego on hold, metalic blue.

I've got a shell too.. Facelift E30 1990/1 - Was a 320i. Rolling, Converted to 325i spec (larger struts) White, Panels have seen better days.

Re hartage: I tried to call you bro, but answerfone?

Ive sent you my number man, call anytime.

Dont worry guys. Have sourced me another cheap bimmer :).

Cheers for the help anyway.