Sign in to follow this  
2ndspecies

E30 Electric window instalation

i just won some new door ttrims on ebay for my 85 323i got them today and turns out there from the power window version. with a few plugs included... i was wondering weather or not it would be worth the trouble of attempting to put power windows in my car or just make some holes for the window spindle? anything would help.. searched for threads with similar titles but had no luck... :mellow:

From what I can imagine, it'd be easier to just buy some new manual winder doors!

You could wire them up rather easy, but I wouldn't bother wiring up to the fuse box or to the computer [if it does] just make your own wiring diagram and go for it, making sure that it can't be operated when accesory button is off. You will also need a power window console, door cards, and switches + fuses, wiring, sh*t load of time and effort etc

ummm aren't the door trims all the same because the switches were in the centre console? Electric window cars just have the hole for the manual winder blocked off?

ummm aren't the door trims all the same because the switches were in the centre console? Electric window cars just have the hole for the manual winder blocked off?

Not in the back doors.

haha thats what i thought.. :( would be so much sweeter with the power windows but if its gonna be a mission mite stick to gool ole winders.. thanks lads

Not in the back doors.

Even the back doors on the early cars.

Converting to power windows is not pratical, the glass is different and on some cars so are the doors

Yeah I'd agree - too much hassle though anything can be done if you really want it. I'd stick with the manual windows - less to go wrong and think of the weight savings ;-)