Sign in to follow this  
Old_Skool_Bmw

Problems fitting my Alpina's Rims

Hi Guys,

Just picked up a set of Alpins 17x9 & 17x8.5 rims from my uncle. He had them on his e36 but he didn't like the ride of 17's so i've grabbem them.

Im planning to put them on my e30 M3. We test fitted them to my friends e30 m3, as mine is away having engine work done. Probmel was that the rims were too wide (inside) and when we dropped the car down the rear rims were toucking the rear shock tower and did a little damage.

Im not too sure hwo to go about getting them sorted. I know they have been fitted to e30 cars before and im guessing some offset problems here.

The pic shows them sitting next to the car. I'll try put some better pics up when i get hold of my camera.

Any sugestions as to how i can go about fitting them on? Spacers maybe? but i want it done legit as well.

Laurence.

alpina_s.bmp

alpina_s.bmp

Edited by Old_Skool_Bmw

offset probs definatly. when the wheels are that wide it does need to be pretty spot on.

AFAIK e30m3 use a similar offset to e28/e34 which is much lower (numericaly) than e36/e46. spacers will fix the probs but I can't tell you how thick to get. People run 9" wide on normal e30 so you should have no worries running them on the m3.

offset probs definatly. when the wheels are that wide it does need to be pretty spot on.

AFAIK e30m3 use a similar offset to e28/e34 which is much lower (numericaly) than e36/e46. spacers will fix the probs but I can't tell you how thick to get. People run 9" wide on normal e30 so you should have no worries running them on the m3.

I'll check the offset on the wheels tonight. Wouldn't there be a problem getting a wof with spacers thou? Can't quite recall how that works.

Laurence.

To be legal, spacers will require the vehilce to be certified as a Low Volume Vehicle. ie you need a cert to run them and once you have one item that requires a cert, all modifications to the vehicle must also pass the certification process.

To be legal, spacers will require the vehilce to be certified as a Low Volume Vehicle. ie you need a cert to run them and once you have one item that requires a cert, all modifications to the vehicle must also pass the certification process.

I'll be getting the vehicle cert'd when i register it so i'd just look at doing this at the same time.

I just checked and 'hubcentric' spacers seems the way to go. the hub ring fits into the wheels and eliminates the lateral movement. I guess it depends how far out i need to bring my wheels as to what i do from here.

Laurence.