Sign in to follow this  
Gus

whilst all the hikoi stuff is on....

whilst all the hikoi rubbish and sh*t its on.......at uni today was sorting out course and stuff....enquiring about law....and the bloody lady asked me if i was maori....i said no....she then proceeded to ask if my parents, grand parents great grandparents and great great grandparents were at least 1/8 maori....by now got pretty pissed off and told her i wasnt black and didnt want to get into a course just because of the supposed colour of my skin (mates of mine are virtually albino and get into uni course because they are maori)

just got pissed off at this bullshit!

yup, nothing worse than positive discrimination.

Try going to Waikato, you were a shoe in to every course, the more minoritie groups you belonged to.

The ideal would be a (I am not being racist here, and apologise in advance if I am in any way offending people, this is never my intention) Maori, Disabled, Lesbian, Woman. You could almost get an honorary doctorate, just for falling into these categories.

Cheers

Guest Spargo

See you at law next year Gus. What are you doing anyway?

Wanna liquid lunch tomorrow?

... and it blows that Government departments are immune from the Human Rights Acts for equal opportunity employment. eg- Ministry of Womens Affairs can place an ad to recruit a maori woman if they want to.

(not that I want to work there or anything)

I hope they push the bill through so we can finally have some peace and quiet. Let everyone share it.

Wanna liquid lunch tomorrow?

is that like a tea bag......????

cos that shits nasty!!!

hahah jks! :D

would love to....but have an e30 to fix...think ive pin pointed my problem so should be ok....got my next semester timetabel.....never start before 1.....haha scum! law will be first year...nothing too exciting really......but better than commerce!

I hope they push the bill through so we can finally have some peace and quiet. Let everyone share it.

Nah I'd rather wait till Brash gets in

BTW, who listens to 'The Rock'?

A woman rang up this morning and said when that hikoi went through Napier, they marched under an 'Employment Exhibition' banner :lol:

Edited by E30_318i

Guest Zwilling

Nah I'd rather wait till Brash gets in

Brash is an idiot.

I agree, just push the bill through. Everyone New Zealander wants the foreshore publicly available for now and for ever and isn't that what the bill is about - hello??? Edited by Zwilling

Brash is an idiot.

and uncle hellen isnt?

ah the comment made by her as she was murdering out armed forces

"(scoffing man laugh)who is the enemy"

well it might just be all the rest of the western world the we're becoming a terrorist resort.

this whole country is such a joke ....its depressing

Guest Zwilling

Quite franly I don't think there is anyone in parliment that is worthy of leading this country. Helen WAS the only half decent candidate...

this whole country is such a joke ....its depressing

:wacko: It's not going to get any better

BTW: Brash is proposing to overturn the nuke ban, is that a good thing?

Edited by Zwilling

I dont care what he does as long as we get less taxation, and a higher standard of living. Its pathetic that 60K is the upper tax bracket. Thats like NOTHING by world standards.

i iz black gus, it helpd mee get mi une carear of to a good start cuz.

it is a little bullshit the maori that have no idea what the whole deal is,

i am all for maori that had sh*t stolen from them to get compensated, as long as we dont get to witness the squander like good ol' Tainui.

but your average maori that has no ties to a portion of land or rights to it, trying to cash in at the tax payers expense.... f**k off. get a job, if it aint yours and never was, piss off. its not always just cause your have the same skin colour.

sorry, my family have had some run ins with homo's trying to put there hand n the pie the moment $$$ signs came out.

f**kers

Guest Zwilling

This whole mess is a case off a few activists provoking the rank and file sheep into a frenzy.

I liked to hedge a bet that 90% of the protestors at parliment yesterday haven't a clue what the bill is about to do, if they did, they probably wouldn't be protesting.

If you saw the interview with that willy dude on holmes last night, it shows how dumb the protestors are. It really does. No manners, no idea about issues.

i haven't had much of a chance to follow what's going on lately, but i did read something in the paper today that was of interest...

"The problem is that this legislation is racist because only Maori will have the resource taken away and not the private titleholders, most of whom are Pakeha.

"Non-Maori out there are saying that no one should own the foreshore and seabed and yet they don't kick up about the private titleholders."

...as i said i don't know the finer points of the legislation, but if this is correct, is it not a valid point? coz in a huge generalisation [was about to write what's considered an 'accurate generalisation'... bit of a massive conntradiction - maybe a more accepted generalisation?] wouldn't most of the private title holders be pakeha [thus unaffected?]? y'no, the people who sell the land to Shania Twain etc...

completely aside - i should go to aut so i can use those "special rooms" and photocopiers huh? ...

Guest Zwilling

because only Maori will have the resource taken away

Curiously, what resource is being taken away?

I would have thought that private title-holders would have paid for the land and its use and have relivant resource concents (at a guess). Taking something away from someone who paid for it would be quite an interesting exercise.

I think everone should have access. I have no problem with people paying for some areas for commercial ventures, after all, they feed alot of $$ into the economy

Just let everyone own it. And the difference between 'taking' it from maori and pakeha, is that maori werent using it, and that some of those pakeha may have been actively using it.

But just take it from everyone no matter what, as long as they all shut up, and let us get on with trying to not become a 3d world country.

I would have thought that private title-holders would have paid for the land and its use and have relivant resource concents (at a guess). Taking something away from someone who paid for it would be quite an interesting exercise.

point taken...

Curiously, what resource is being taken away?

i'm not sure. [yea i know, way to join in when i don't really know the story all that well] i would assume it would be the right to go to the Maori Land Court to make claims and have the ownership of the foreshore and seabed in various cases investigated? only in that is that not what brought this issue up...?

some of those pakeha may have been actively using it.

but there isn't a chance that some of those maori were actively using it as well?

Just let everyone own it.

Well, does anyone "own" it? I would think the only people that can lay claim are those that have coughed up $$ for it, like fish farms and crap.

Everyone else just uses it, whats wrong with that? do they really need to "own" it?

Wouldnt it still give all the features everyone wants irregardless of a bit of paper that states "public land"? shrug

I bet someone will turn around and say its the principle or something :P