Sign in to follow this  
Gus

whilst all the hikoi stuff is on....

Nah I'd rather wait till Brash gets in

BTW, who listens to 'The Rock'?

A woman rang up this morning and said when that hikoi went through Napier, they marched under an 'Employment Exhibition' banner :lol:

haha yea i saw that, it was a careers expo banner they were marching under.... funny sh*t if you ask me.

im trying to scan the photo out of the paper, but i cant get it to scan small enough to post on here....

got it.... prepare to laugh.... (as long as you can see the irony - rememeber this was a monday, there was a huge turn out - why werent they at work?)

post-18-1083877771.jpg

Guest Zwilling

Haha, that's some funny sh*t, I bet the photographer/journalist who shot that was kicking himself.

anyway, the above is my mucking around post - now for my serious one, I think that a HUGE point has been missed here - no one can actually own the forshores and seabeds, just as no one can own any other permanent thing like mountains, rivers, lakes and just straight out land. Think of things in the big picture - we are only temporary guardians of the earth, whilst we are here, we seem to be having a f**king good go at screwing the place up - look at the nukes and pollution and stuff like that - we are going to kill the place! If humans were to disappear tomorrow or somthing and everything else was as it was (ie animals still here etc) who would claim ownership then....

away from that - the maoris claim that they are the indigenous people of New Zealand, yet according to their own myths and legends, they migrated here in wakas from Hawaiki or whereever it was my understanding of indigenous peoples, is that they were the original people there - ie they are native to the country. you cant be native if your own legends say you came to the country in Wakas for f**ks sakes.... An example of an indigenous peoples would have to be the Aborigonis (sp) over in aussie... and look at how they were/still are treated.... its a load of sh*t, and the sooner New Zealand gets a DECENT leader, one with the balls to stand up for whats right - the better. The way Helen Clarke is leading us, we are heading towards how Zimbarbwe (sp) is now. It needs to be stopped, before it goes to far - the indigenous Zimbarbwieans are now crying out for aide because they killed all the white farmers and destroyed their crops, now they have no ecconomy and no food - how did they get this way? they bought it on themselves.

im sorry if ive offended anyone, it wasnt my intention, but the way things are going, moving to aussie or somewhere else is looking like a more attractive propersition every time something like this comes into the public arena. If the Maoris are the sole owners of the seabeds and foreshores, they then have control of the ports and stuff like that.... that would be disasterous.... in my opinion, the seabeds and foreshores shouldnt belong to people unless they pay for it - but have rules - like dont let non New Zealand residents or whatever buy it - New Zealand for New Zealanders - isnt that how the saying goes? whats wrong with the way things were? every one had access to the beach, and no one was concerned about who owned it. this country has gone mad...

Guest Zwilling

Yeah, I can remember growing up in Gisborne a good 15 years ago, there just weren't issues back then about ownership and the likes - we all shared the foreshore and no one gave a sh*t.

Yeah, I can remember growing up in Gisborne a good 15 years ago, there just weren't issues back then about ownership and the likes - we all shared the foreshore and no one gave a sh*t.

my point exactly - it never used to be a problem, why is it all of a sudden a huge issue? why cant everyone live together and if they want land, work hard, save hard and BUY THE f**kING STUFF!!!! dont go try and claim it back from people who have worked hard and saved and taken mortgages to get it legitimately!!!

right thas fine, and i see what you're getting at with not owning [temporarily guarding] any land unless you pay for it. but where do they make the boundaries as to what you can buy and how much it will cost you and why you're buying it etc etc? otherwise what's to stop someone buying Mission Bay an making it private [dunno why you would but for arguments sake], an how will that differ from a tiny beach in the middle of nowhere that someone wants to buy? this is waaaaay bigger than the government realised it would be...

aside - surely the aborigines came from somewhere, as the maori people did? admittedly i don't know any aboriginal myths an legends...

as for maori's being indigenous... if there was no one here before them, regardless of whether they migrated here or not wouldn't they still be the "original people [t]here"?

Guest Zwilling

aside - surely the aborigines came from somewhere, as the maori people did? admittedly i don't know any aboriginal myths an legends...

as for maori's being indigenous... if there was no one here before them, regardless of whether they migrated here or not wouldn't they still be the "original people [t]here"?

Australia was part of a much larger continent, whereas New Zealand was pushed up from under the sea.

It would be nigh on impossible for NZ to actually have indeginous people. Strange thing is, the Moriori's were here before the Maori's, so it's kind of audacious to hear the Maori say they are the indegenios ppl cause they ain't.

this is just my point of view... while i agree there isnt a whole lot of promise as far as leaders for new zealand goes i reckon brash is headed the right way, esp with abolishing special rights, be it for black white red yellow whatever.

not wanting to offend anyone, and not generalising a people but i also think the treaty needs to be put to rest, while yes, its a shame that the maoris got shafted, for f**ks sake it was overa century ago, its just not relevant anymore... i dont care how hard done by someones great great great great great grandfather was, get job ffs, like everybody else and stop asking for handouts.

how will new zealand move in to the future as a country if were still arguing about who gets what from 1846?

(that was the treaty right? if not, substitute 1846 for true treaty date.) ;)

Guest Zwilling

I also, perhaps we should start a poll or some petition (bags not) :ph34r:

I also, perhaps we should start a poll or some petition (bags not) :ph34r:

Thats a whole can of worms I want nothing to do with.

Guest Zwilling

Fingers crossed then that the govt puts through this bill then aye? :unsure: