Sign in to follow this  
bekker

Panelbeaters - Wellington

Hey everybody,

Wondering if people can please recommend any panelbeaters in Wellington.

Neighbour backed into my 5 and I figure I'm going to need some quotes.

I wont be paying, so I'm after a quality job, not a cheap job.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Edited by bekker

i have used the outfit on the corner of Webb and Hopper street(Blair Wright?),and The Surgery and had a good job done on my E34,the former with an incident with left front wheel,and the latter after I got rear ended on the motorway(he was nearly stopped when he hit me but you should have seen his diamante!!!)

For "normal" panelbeating (rather than restoration work), try Spot-On in Home Street, just down from Page European. Colin has done work on my MX5, my 535 and our Falcon Ute. There panelbeating is top work, and their paintwork is pretty good.

Only problem is that they are soooo busy you might have to wait to get the car in....but definitely worth contacting them.

Been a while since I was in Wellington, but there was a very good one just off Adelaide road, between Caltex and McDonalds just before the Basin. For the life of me I can't remember the name, but I know alot of the franchise euro dealers send their work there.

Been a while since I was in Wellington, but there was a very good one just off Adelaide road, between Caltex and McDonalds just before the Basin. For the life of me I can't remember the name, but I know alot of the franchise euro dealers send their work there.

Second that.

Walked past this place in the afternoon, and there was a CLS AMG on the tow truck, and several Mercs and Porsches inside the workshop.

theres a place in petone cal rollrich im not sure if thats how you spell it. its opposite macdonalds

Second that.

Walked past this place in the afternoon, and there was a CLS AMG on the tow truck, and several Mercs and Porsches inside the workshop.

Guys i think you're thinking of 'Arlington Motors'. They are one of the best places in Wellington and they only do Insurance Work because it's known as being the most expensive shop (labour price/hour $$) in Wgtn.

If it's an insurance job then i'd go there. They have a damn good reputation and i think they offer a lifetime warrenty on paint & panel work if i heard right.

I had a quote done for my Mercedes 190e when i had some damage to the car but settled privately. I'd use them if you can as they are pretty professional.

Laurence.

Edited by Old_Skool_Bmw

Thanks guys.

Arlington motors do seem pretty good. Always a bunch of quality motors there.

I'll check them out tomorrow.

I hate it when someone else damages my car, and doesn't even seem to give a toss! Bastards.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Cheers

Thanks guys.

Arlington motors do seem pretty good. Always a bunch of quality motors there.

I'll check them out tomorrow.

I hate it when someone else damages my car, and doesn't even seem to give a toss! Bastards.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Cheers

I would stay well away from Arlington Motors. Pack of monkeys. Don't be fooled just because they have a contract with merc dealers. I know from personal experience. My car returned with more damage than what it had to begin with. They offered to fix the damage, but just tried (and failed) to cover it up. I gave them 3 opportunities to get it right. Really disappointing as they had been referred to me also. I had to take it elsewhere in the end. Mike and his team at The Surgery are pros and I would highly recommend.

Edited by BMWQT

I've used Richard at Ray Piper in Lower Hutt for some paint work. Very happy with his work and not over priced. He was workig on a Ford Cosworth at the same time and did a nice job on that.