Sign in to follow this  
CHEMISTRY

BMW 2.8 M52tu engine wanted.

Apparantly it is not a simple swap. I'm mechanically illiterate, but I have been told by the mechanic working on

the car that it probably wont work. Issues with non-compatibility of the intake manifolds, sensors, ECU unit etc.

He has not done a swap. Does anyone know for sure.

Apparantly it is not a simple swap. I'm mechanically illiterate, but I have been told by the mechanic working on

the car that it probably wont work. Issues with non-compatibility of the intake manifolds, sensors, ECU unit etc.

He has not done a swap. Does anyone know for sure.

You are well informed...these late model vehicles are very specific....down to the month of build for engine replacement compatibility, due to Canbus operating systems. You will need to get exactly the same as you have, otherwise it just wont work.

Cheers

Glenn

could he not swap over the different parts? eg incompatable sensors or manifolds? (assuming he still gets an M52B28tu?

could he not swap over the different parts? eg incompatable sensors or manifolds? (assuming he still gets an M52B28tu?

I'm afraid not

You can get an M54 TU B3.0 which has more torque for about the same money and will be a much better engine in your heavy car

Raymond at European autospares, Auckland has 2 at the moment

how much did he want for them?

you need to put the same engine as you have in you car , otherwise you face too much troubles

sam /bmwparts/ 0800 BMW 992 OR 579 3331

Around 3 grand each

Not bad Gus.......

yeah thats pretty good, found some good sh*t here, trying to find somewhere to put it!