Sign in to follow this  
Ged

Help with issues before I spend more money with BMW

Guys

Posted a while ago and eventually took the car to the stealers. She is a 1994 325i vert that cost me dearly.

There is a screech on startup - mainly when cold.

Had the car at the steelers and they indicated I need 2 new tensioners for the drive belts. They also tried to flash the firmware on the car to check ignition settings etc but their laptop couldn't communicate with the black box in the car...Suggested it could be buggered connection, wrong software etc. They also checked all the hoses, pipes and pressures.. Total cost of over $700.

6 weeks later.

Problems :

1) Screech is still there...Now noticed the car takes a bit longer to start i.e it turns over for an extra second or two when cold..There is a screech, bit of a shake in the body and the revs shoot upto about 3000/4000 before dropping back to normal tickover. Very audible rev noise accompanies this...

2) When cold and I put the auto box into R. VERY audible grumbling noise, revs drop significantly and a noise that sounds like the main fan behind the radiator hitting something. Upon opening bonnet and looking down this noise

'appears' to be coming from the area directly around the front of the engine i.e somewhere between the radiator and the rubber belts although I can't be sure.

Requests :

Could the screech be caused by a sticking idle control valve? Given the revs etc? or is it more likely still connected to the drive belts

Any clues on the noise whilst in reverse when cold

Thanks for your time and help before I prop up the dealership with another lump of cash.

Cheers

Ged

Hi, GAC on opawa road is good, and for the auto box, aceoautomatics are the best..cheers