Sign in to follow this  
crshbndct

odd things happening with my car - electrical gremlins

i have a few odd things happening in my car, and would like to sort them out

the car is a e30 325i 1988 w/130,000km

1. the 13 button obc doesnt keep the date and time.

2. the fuel gauge is wack - full tank shows 55 litres and empty tank shows about 15 litres - which is the same as what the obc says.

3. obc tells me i am getting about 25km/litre. according to the obc i average 4.3l/100km open road, and 7.2 km/l in town. i actually average 9.8l/100 combined.

4. the washer fluid lights is on all the time

5. the seats are sloppy as, when i pull the lever up to recline they just flop stright back - also the seat is high as is there a way to lower it?

6. the stereo doesnt keep the code when i enter it, and doesnt store my radio stations

thats about it.

thanks for any/all help.

p.s. anyone keen to come give a hand with my manual conversion?

A possible, but I'm doubtful, solution is your battery contacts need to be better, scuff them up, and ensure they're tight. Otherwise, probably a short in the wiring or a relay.

An auto-sparky should diagnose within an hour + fix, $60 labour + extras if needed.

For your seat, play with the levers, they have a setting where they can be high in the air, and then right down touching the ground almost. I _think_ you need to press down on a lever, and push down with your body also.

Edited by JP