Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

Calling Thunderbird users

Is sync'ing your contacts etc possible with Thunderbird. Ive just installed it and its all looking ggod but I cant see any options to sync to my bluetooth enabled k800i

I really want to give thunderbird, firefox and open office a good try but without being able to sync my contacts its pretty useless :(

I know a couple of people here use thunderbird, so what are you doing ?

I am not a Thunderbird user, but to sync by Bluetooth (BT), you need to make sure your Bluetooth adapter support the Bluetooth profile and the chipset/stack that the sync software and phone want to use. For example, Nokia can only use Broadcom or Microsoft BT stack. Not sure about Sony Ericsson.

Prime example, my laptop (IBM T43) has Bluetooth built-in, it can Bluetooth sync with most Sony Ericsson (SE) but cannot Bluetooth sync my Nokia. One of those $69 DSE Bluetooth dongle can do the Nokia but have hard time with SE. I have no luck with 3x Motorola (V3, E680i and E6) with either Bluetooth and I have to use cable to sync. BTW, these are for trying to sync with Outlook 2003.

Irrelevant but Mac iSync seems pretty good as most customer on Mac had no trouble sync-ing almost anything including Samsung.

All sorted.....god I love the internet :)

A little bit of free software called myphoneexplorer and job done. Can sync between my k800i and both thunderbird and lightening, and it even keeps a copy of everything within itself as a backup !