Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

The De-wax

So I thought I'd share with everyone what I do for a job, well when Im not at uni or anything.

Some might find it kind of interesting to see what gets done to a new car before it hits the showroom floor, and there is more to it than one would think.

Firstly we receive the car(s) from the transporter fresh from the docks, they get checked over by my watchful eye to spot any paintwork scratches or dents which is usualy quite difficult. This is because when we recieve a new BMW they come coated in a thick wax to prevent such damage occuring during trasit. As far as I know all BMW's come coated in this except for the X5 and a few 7-series'

The car I used to show you guys is a 2007 BMW 530i sitting on 1km

Posted Image

Then put it in the wash bay - and clean up the wheels and turn on the water blaster and let it heat up with the chemicals.

Pictures of the wax on the body

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The car gets rinsed with a mix of chemicals and boiling water

Posted Image

The engine bay, around the trunk and door jambs all get waterblasted to get rid of excess wax

Posted Image

This is what the car looks like after is has been rinsed and the wax removed befroe it gets washed

Posted Image

And after its wash

Posted Image

And when it is dry

Posted Image

Finally, after it has been washed and dried off in the wash bay, it gets moved to the other room where the plastic covers gets removed from the seats and everything is wiped over with a fomula and usually most people get thier cars Gaurd X'd which is a treatment we do on the interior and exterior to protect it.

Posted Image

And finally it stays sitting in the room waiting for it to be gas'd and delivered or in this case gets chucked into the showroom. But here it is waiting to be moved to be gas'd and put on display

Posted Image

Posted Image

And there you have it, did not take as many pictures as I could have but you get the idea

Edited by RJS

My brother used to be the guy that drives the cars off the ship. (Not for BMW though I don't think). Once sideswiped a brand spanking new Ford XR FPV cutting a corner. He was quite careful, so must have been a horrific mistake. The company didn't mind all that much, but I bet the new owner was right f**ked off with the additional delay waiting for another car to arrive from the factory.

Matt black looks hot.seriously.

Fun ass job though.