Sign in to follow this  
roscoe

e36 316i soon to be turbo charged

Guest Andrew

interested in your turbo proj post some info.... nice car.

Welcome to bimmersport.

mmmm to be honest i dont like the lights sorry man, but as for everything else and the turbo..... nice!!!!

the lights are bad its just the flash it made it look sh*t , i debadge the 316 and took off the license plater frame i got a m3 mould which looks better that the real m3 front bumper and cost me $400

fiberglass kit i take it?

oh yeah i know all bout that ..so fun to fit...but mine came out pretty sveet..after a bit of pissing about..

but your car..yeah,.umm TAILLIGHTS! so shiney and clear.

i went for the smoked lenses..dont wanna stun the drivers behind you when the sun reflects of them puppies :PB) .

hmm maybe one day the painter will do my sill skirts...oneday :mellow:

TAILLIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLING BLING!!!!!!!!!

the whole crystal thing i never liked.. i still dont soz..

the rest looks good though dude

Yea 4 hundy 4 the front bumper , 80 buks to install , 280 to paint

i got those clear front indicators, the car is a 1997 e36 not so cheap to insure for a 16 year old, dat pik was an old set up i got 2 sony xploads new shape

post-9-1065597610.jpg

Guest MSBOND

Dude if your planning on turbo charging that thing you got along way to go... for one you guna have to ditch the 1.6l and two whip a nice $10000 out your ass... join the club... good luck

pretty cool, next step is smoked indicators on the front..

Why turbocharge?

Supercharge would be better in NZ coz you aint gonna do much high speed anyway thanks to crusty roads, slow traffic and angry cops..!

post-9-1065678372.jpg

Guest Spargo

I agree with supercharging, why not drop an M44 in there, and pony up for a Downing-Atlanta roots type supercharger kit?

Guest Andrew

Dude if your planning on turbo charging that thing you got along way to go... for one you guna have to ditch the 1.6l and two whip a nice $10000 out your ass... join the club... good luck

you can turbo that thing cheap if you do it yourself. I don't know where this 10000 comes from.

that figure is probably including other mods..

Probably need to upgrade quite a few parts so it can handle the power. Coz a turbo aint much good without a tranny! hahah

that figure is probably including other mods..

Probably need to upgrade quite a few parts so it can handle the power. Coz a turbo aint much good without a tranny! hahah

he will need a manual thats for sure, im unsure as to the internals to what they can hold boost wise, but you gotta remember that that car of yours aint light and you have the same size engine as in my little crx.... get a bigger engine man, stuff the turbo... its more than you think it is.. and if you wanna push more than say 6-8psi your internals will most likely fri and melt pistons!

then you gotta go get new pistons, springs, retainers, cams, to name a few $$$ burners, then bigger exhaust for turbo application, get a lsd! foo sho!.

im about to embark on this very mission, cept im a little better off than you.. it aint gonna cost me labour!

have fun and DO RESEARCH!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think the engine will be the problem, it will be everything else.. mainly need stronger everything.. Like if you got an E36 you should definately try and get reinforcement plates for your subframe..

Yeah, id go with a bigger engine. And then get it bored out..and chipped

Or if you want to blow all this money on a turbo, go sell yuour car and buy an M3. Coz when you get more power, you also need to make sure your car can handle the power, acceleration as well as braking and safety wise /tyres/suspension..

I'd definately make sure everything else is up to scratch.

I dont think the engine will be the problem, it will be everything else.. mainly need stronger everything.. Like if you got an E36 you should definately try and get reinforcement plates for your subframe..

are you shitting me? if he was pushing that much boost that he needed to reinforce the car i think the internals would have already made sweet love to themselves! :huh:

Guest Andrew

Yeah, id go with a bigger engine. And then get it bored out..and chipped

Or if you want to blow all this money on a turbo, go sell yuour car and buy an M3. Coz when you get more power, you also need to make sure your car can handle the power, acceleration as well as braking and safety wise /tyres/suspension..

I'd definately make sure everything else is up to scratch.

You can leave it auto. The tranny can handle it.

The motor won't handle more than 6 psi boost.

The drivetrain is OK.

The subframe won't break. I've NEVER seen a broken one. You'd have to track it + only the 93/94 models had that problem

Bottom line is.. its not worth FI a 1.8 ltr bimmer 4 banger (at least not your one).