Sign in to follow this  
ace.meister

A BIT OF HELP PLEASE!!!

Hey guys,

I have an e30 323i, now the dash lights dont seem to be working....like the speedo, tacho, fuel gauge etc. Now i did ask some bimmersport member on trademe about it and he said it is most likely the S.I batteries, unfortunately i lost his number and was unable to contact him.

Anyways just am wanting to know if anyone here with knowledge about this is able to help me! I will pay for their courteous work. Also i have noticed that the fuel gauge isnt always accurate. whats up with that?

So yeh, as you can see i dont have much knowledge about this and do seek some advice and help from anyone...

thanks

You were speaking to me.

And am pretty sure it's my old car?

Oh and have posted out your reciepts etc today.Should be there soonish.

Chur

Sure would be me.

Let me know when you recieve.Hopefully got the address right.

Hey guys,

I have an e30 323i, now the dash lights dont seem to be working....like the speedo, tacho, fuel gauge etc. Now i did ask some bimmersport member on trademe about it and he said it is most likely the S.I batteries, unfortunately i lost his number and was unable to contact him.

Anyways just am wanting to know if anyone here with knowledge about this is able to help me! I will pay for their courteous work. Also i have noticed that the fuel gauge isnt always accurate. whats up with that?

So yeh, as you can see i dont have much knowledge about this and do seek some advice and help from anyone...

thanks

Are you talking dash illumination (orange) If so this has nothing to do with SI batteries.

If heater controls & clock display are still lighting up then probably blown bulbs in the dash. If none working then possibly the dimmer control

Are you talking dash illumination (orange) If so this has nothing to do with SI batteries.

If heater controls & clock display are still lighting up then probably blown bulbs in the dash. If none working then possibly the dimmer control

Hey im talking about the lights on the speedo and rev gauge and that compartment. At night when im driving i cant c what speed im travellling at. However the orange light which lights up the heater controls work but the clock display doesnt seem to be working. So u reckon its not the S.I batteries?

cheers

Theres a 'roller' type switch around the steering wheel, it controls the brightness of the bulbs. Dimmer control. But at night, with lights on, you should see faint amber lighting even at its lowest setting...

Theres a 'roller' type switch around the steering wheel, it controls the brightness of the bulbs. Dimmer control. But at night, with lights on, you should see faint amber lighting even at its lowest setting...

hey, it definately aint the dimmer because there is abosuletly no light in the dash. At night i cant see what speed im driving at or where my revs are. all the gauges seem to be working but not the lights....

Checked the bulbs? there are only two - both inside the cluster.