Sign in to follow this  
kakarott

does anybody know will the 6"x9" speaker fit on 99 E46?

Does anybody know will the 6"x9" speaker fit on 99 E46?

Because I bought a pair of speaker from Noel leeming today, but my installer says it doesn't fit on my car, the size is too big. I can't do refund or swap, because i bought these speakers as part of the package, i've already installed the headunit.

But someone told me that it can be fitted if i could find a speaker adapter for my E46.

I don't have much knowledge on car electronics

so I just wondering that does anyone konw about this?

thanks for any help.

Edited by kakarott

Put them on TM and sell them. Not exactly sure on the E46 model OE mounting but the only place you could fit the would be on the real parcel tray and they'd be ugly as sin.

So sell them, save the install costs and put that cash into some drop in replacements if needed.

Does anybody know will the 6"x9" speaker fit on 99 E46?

Because I bought a pair of speaker from Noel leeming today, but my installer says it doesn't fit on my car, the size is too big. I can't do refund or swap, because i bought these speakers as part of the package, i've already installed the headunit.

But someone told me that it can be fitted if i could find a speaker adapter for my E46.

I don't have much knowledge on car electronics

so I just wondering that does anyone konw about this?

thanks for any help.

You can mount them in pods but with inferior performance. You cannot cut any structural part of the car to fit them (you will fail a WOF & require a structual report being done to verify whether satisfactory or not). Not worth the cost or risk orf having to have reversed.

Best bet is a quality speaker to fit the hole.

^^

Not to mentioned 6 x 9s are the devil!

I've got some spacers you can have for $10bux if you wanna try your speakers out, but even-so, don't do it!

Hey thanks for the replies, that was very helpful, i'm not going to put them on as you guys said it is Not worth the cost or risk of having to have reversed.

will try to find the right size speakers.

anyway, do you guys know what are the speaker sizes for 99 E46? 5" or 6"?

thanks guys