Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilver

Repair job

I thought that I might post up the latest development on the e30... about a month ago my car may have been backed into a pillar in an underground car park... but thats besides the point,

I went and got a quote from a panel beater, he quoted me $1300 repair/paint, and that was WITHOUT new bumper and new light, I nearly had a heart attack, So I took it into my own hands and went looking for way cheaper alternatives...

So... instead of repairing the panel I went and bought a new one off Ray at hell bm for $20, plus new bootlid for $50, and new light and bumper also from ray, but I cant remember price,

I had the new panel welded on, for $200 at Glen eden panel beaters, and then took it to dracovich panel beaters (where I got the original quote) for paint only because ive found them very good with paint, which cost $400... so, from $1300+ down to just over $650 I thought that wasnt too bad, anyways I thought id post it up incase it interested anyone, the silverlining of the whole thing was that the rear needed painting anyway as it was fading alot, so .. fixed e30 = me happy :D

edit : somewhere along the line my 320i downgraded to 318i lol, as my old badge broke on removal haha.

post-1848-1186003311_thumb.jpg

post-1848-1186003479_thumb.jpg

post-1848-1186003497_thumb.jpg

Edited by QuickSilver

^^^ WORD

Also, if ever you have to claim insurance, take it to the most hardcore/respected place, get a massive pay out and then goto a cheaper place to get it fixed. Free money :D

^^^ WORD

Also, if ever you have to claim insurance, take it to the most hardcore/respected place, get a massive pay out and then goto a cheaper place to get it fixed. Free money :D

BTW its looking good, tech - 1 4 door club FTW

ftw for sure lol! cheers! yea.. too bad that I only have third party, the pillar was insured lol :P although it left no damage what so ever... ah well...

Edited by QuickSilver

Yeah, tidy work man.

I vote de-badge the 318i though! If you have no spoiler, you should have no badge!

Agreed. I repaired a soundly sideswiped e30 for $1000 incl. paint (Front valance, drivers door, b pillar, sill, rear door, mirror). Just did all the stripping and prep myself, bought new panels instead of repairing old, and did assembly myself. I think the drivers door cost me $5!

Agreed. I repaired a soundly sideswiped e30 for $1000 incl. paint (Front valance, drivers door, b pillar, sill, rear door, mirror). Just did all the stripping and prep myself, bought new panels instead of repairing old, and did assembly myself. I think the drivers door cost me $5!

Hey how much did the front valance cost if you can remember? bcos mine is f**ked was think of buying it instead of panelbeating it.

Hey how much did the front valance cost if you can remember? bcos mine is f**ked was think of buying it instead of panelbeating it.

I've got one for your car, $120 + freight from Akld [No Lip]

yea i spent a fair few hours doing all the prep work as well, getting that new panel ready for welding and sorting out the rear before paint, its amazing jusT how many spotwelds are in a simple rear panel hehe