Sign in to follow this  
entscheidend

Bel STI Radar install

ok, I have just bought myself the new STI Radar from Bel and it has a hardwire with remote on it.

So the hardwire will go around the windscreen so there are no cigarette cord dangling down.... I dont like clutter

Heres my question - where would you put the remote/auto mute around the drivers console area and easy to reach?

Its a small unit - smaller than a match box: (is for a E39 dash)

post-1554-1186198798_thumb.jpg

ok, I have just bought myself the new STI Radar from Bel and it has a hardwire with remote on it.

So the hardwire will go around the windscreen so there are no cigarette cord dangling down.... I dont like clutter

Heres my question - where would you put the remote/auto mute around the drivers console area and easy to reach?

Its a small unit - smaller than a match box: (is for a E39 dash)

Firstly: if you have the sunroof, you have switched ignition power available on the sunroof motor, easily accessible via the sunroof motor access hatch. So you don't need to run a remote power lead

As for the remote/audio mute: tried fitting it in the pocket under the instrument cluster, RHS of steering wheel?

Jochen

Just becareful with doing this. I tried to do this in my e30.

Everytime I wanted to move the sunroof, it drew so much current or the voltage dropped so much that my radar dec turned on and off, while the sunroof was being moved. This got very annoying, as the radar made several beeps everytime power was lost and returned.

Just make sure you fuse the unit. I ended up running the cable to the back of my ciggy lighter.

Good Luck.