Sign in to follow this  
mackt

Baaaaaa!

I hope things don't happen in 3's!

6 weeks ago rocked up to my car at work and there is a note on the window...

"Sorry"! Backed into your car with my TERRANO - how that happened I have no idea, as I can't work out how it was physically possible to do that with my car in it's park. Anyway left contact details, they were insured - so got car repaired, drivers side right boot area.

Picked the car up on Tuesday, great repair job.

Went to Queenstown Thursday morning, coming down a hill right hand bend and there it was - SHEEEP! @#$%^& in my headlights and 2 utes coming at me on there side of the road. Anyway end result, 1 dead sheep, munched headlight, indicator, fog-light, dent on bonnet (sheep's head), cracked spoiler, all a bit stressful at 7.00am.

Car still driveable and the lights still worked after pushed back and taped back up! Oh well the panelbeater’s happy to see me again!

Anyway, I guess it could be a good plan to upgrade the lights with some angel eyes and clear indicators, since the fronts getting fixed. I’m keen on LED rear lights too. I’ve had a look on TM, all sorts there. Anyone know of any good quality replacement (plug and play) kits?

post-1717-1186216526_thumb.jpg

post-1717-1186216544_thumb.jpg

Gay. I'd suggest moving to the city, but the driving stadards of Terrano drivers aren't any better there unfortunately and my guess is there's probably more of them in the city anyway...

Edited by bravo

Haha bugger!

If you lived in Auckland, the first incident would of happened, but the note wouldn't of!

On the plus side, there aren't many wondering sheep in Auckland either [unless you go midnight cornwall driving].

If you can, check out the aftermarket lights first in person for fitment [or get someone on here to tell you], as alot are misfits are also look crap!! IMO, hit up the M3 look w/ angels...

Nah, In Auckland you would've got a note but it would've read something like this. "I'm leaving you this note in case someone witnessed me dinging your car, so they think I'm leaving my name and address, but I'm not. See ya!!"

Lucky you didn't hit a cow.

Lucky you didn't hit a cow.

Plenty of them in Ponsonby!

We had a woman in a Terrano back into us a few months ago. She claimed she didnt see a bright YELLOW Subaru wagon parked behind her.....I had to point out that it probably had to do with the fact she had no wing mirrors !

Definately an opportunity to upgrade to clear lights ;)

Bummer about #1.

#2 is all your fault though. Never drive faster than the speed at which the distance in which you can stop safely equals the visibility distance you have. (still sucks but)