Sign in to follow this  
parriehunter

Findong out what the colour is of the bmw?

It should be stamped on the strut tower plate (or somewhere near).

It'll be in German, so post what it says and someone here will translate it for you.

http://www.bmwinfo.com/23230.html

If it is the one in your avatar, I'd expect it to have Blau as it looks a shade of Blue to me.

It should be stamped on the strut tower plate (or somewhere near).

It'll be in German, so post what it says and someone here will translate it for you.

http://www.bmwinfo.com/23230.html

If it is the one in your avatar, I'd expect it to have Blau as it looks a shade of Blue to me.

Yea it is the one, yea its is a shade of blue but it also has a purple pearl to it which is only visible in the sun (thats why i take photos in the shade :) )

Thanks for that.

Edited by parriehunter

Sorry, yes. The suspension (strut) tower is a common place. Open the bonnet and have a look around.

It says that it is lazurblau - metallic. Dont know what lazur means though...trying searching the net for it. all the online ones cannot find iot.

From what i could find on the net. it means Lazer Blue. and also from those paint guides it was only used on the touring and convertible. Do not know if they are complete.

Also where did you find the image of the sticker?

Edited by parriehunter

Yeah, laser blue's right, used after 1990, BMW code 294. Dark metallic blue with a green tint according to the bible.

Yeah, laser blue's right, used after 1990, BMW code 294. Dark metallic blue with a green tint according to the bible.

Interesting...it looks more purple than green...but that is cool. I am going to get a panel beater mate to get rid of some rust and fix up some panel damage...so ill get it sprayed that colour if it is a green tint. (not to keen on the purplr look).