Sign in to follow this  
Brad-325i

Weird Moaning noise from steering?

My car is making a weird moaning noise from the steering when i turn in any direction. it dosent seem to happen unless i take a sharp corner at a normal speed, like going round a round-a-bout. also heavy breaking seems to make it happen too. but its only while turning and heavy breaking. i think it may be the front right wheel bearing as when i went for my last warrant the guy said there was a bit of play.

But if anyone has any ideas please feel free.

Cheers

1995 325i coupe, its started to do it more often now. i figure it mite be that the bearings have alot of play in them now and are giving the power steering a huge work load?? its the same sound some cars power steering makes sometimes when you fully lock it.

What you reckon?

Edited by R-WheelKrazy

1995 325i coupe, its started to do it more often now. i figure it mite be that the bearings have alot of play in them now and are giving the power steering a huge work load?? its the same sound some cars power steering makes sometimes when you fully lock it.

What you reckon?

Mine makes the same noise - can't help ya hah. Try PS fluid etc.