Sign in to follow this  
Matthew

Post pictures

this is my old E36, now down in Tauranga I think. I used off the shelf Jamex lowering springs and it was about 105mm off the ground. I used Ti springs in the front and normal rears.

The wheels are 19x8.5's all the way round with 225/35/19's, I had no issues with guard rub after performing very minor guard rolling. It took me about 15mins total.

post-1835-1200815657_thumb.jpg

Edited by zenetti

my legnum going lower getting a lower profile tyre so wheel guard wont change much but kit will be alot lower.

lower profile tyres will not greatly affect how low your car is - common misconception. Plus you can end up doing more damage than good if you have the wrong diameter tyres on, have been through all this before BUT some of you guys think you know better :rolleyes: Edited by zenetti

Listen to him,he knows what he's talking about...my speedo is so far out now due to the lower profile tyres

hey does any one have photo of that guy that drives the e36 with 19s and its really low and i think his number plate shallow maby crnt rem? cheers

cant see very well but that is the lowest e36 iv seen the its bagged on 19s with m kit tucks all four heaps the front goes so low i dont know how he done it

post-1718-1201063409_thumb.jpg

no sh*t bro . it goes alot lower at the front than any bmw iv seen bagged or desprung or de bumpstoped

Bags moved lower down the strut or something? Was thinking of something awesome too actually, will let ya in on it next time I see you :D

girl at work has same car as me i have way more wheel to guard but she has a lower profile tire and her kit is lower to ground. thats all i was meaning and im sure ill acheive lowering kit to ground when i put diff size profile tire.

this is my old E36, now down in Tauranga I think. I used off the shelf Jamex lowering springs and it was about 105mm off the ground. I used Ti springs in the front and normal rears.

The wheels are 19x8.5's all the way round with 225/35/19's, I had no issues with guard rub after performing very minor guard rolling. It took me about 15mins total.

hey,

nice e36!

I like the front indercators can anyone tell me a place or store to get them in new zealand?

a few pictures of our rides

internationals red 36

diablos grey 36

Pz white 36

e30 didnt show due to hangover :P

post-1718-1202018492_thumb.jpgpost-1718-1202018456_thumb.jpgpost-1718-1202018518_thumb.jpg

a few pictures of our rides

internationals red 36

diablos grey 36

Pz white 36

e30 didnt show due to hangover :P

post-1718-1202018492_thumb.jpgpost-1718-1202018456_thumb.jpgpost-1718-1202018518_thumb.jpg

ahhhh so sick!! haha my car would look funy as a stock e36, but yeah you got so much tuk on you rear bro, you reckon i will have to get some rolling done, i so want to put my springs in the car now but not good idea just yet aye??

ahh yea todays hangove ten time worse, town was f**king mean aye, mas scrap out side met and code which was funny to watch

hahaha yeh ill drop you a txt next time i go town , i can do you gaurds for you i did diablos and internationals the are more then happy saves cash!

Edited by Pboy

yeah , but could i still drive b4 you do it or would it have to be done asap, will it eat my tyres hard or anything.

k one more time, so defintly not put my springs in on stock wheels??? haha just want to do somthing to it haha

hahaha yeh ill drop you a txt next time i go town , i can do you gaurds for you i did diablos and internationals the are more then happy saves cash!

God, apart from a bit of dusty action...hahaha...P does an awesome job...

yeah , but could i still drive b4 you do it or would it have to be done asap, will it eat my tyres hard or anything.

k one more time, so defintly not put my springs in on stock wheels??? haha just want to do somthing to it haha

you can put them in it wont matter , nah it wont with your factorys but just with the wider wheels i take it

sweet il do that this week then, and when i resive the wheels il come around or somthing and you can do the guards and then we put the 19s on and itl be good to go haha, cheer

sweet il do that this week then, and when i resive the wheels il come around or somthing and you can do the guards and then we put the 19s on and itl be good to go haha, cheer

Hopefully the offsets on the wheels are right otherwise...f**king nightmare...

Also, before you put the springs in and everything, once you get your wheels, go to either Mag and Turbo or similar shops and get a "centric hub ring" unless its an original BMW wheel.

If you dont have this centric hub ring, your car will still drive fine but you will experience steering wheel shakes at over 80km/h and also when braking. Its not a major but just pisses me off. Cost me about 60 bucks for a set from Mag and Turbo but mine was a pretty special size...

Once your whole wheels are sorted with the right springs then get a full alignment...helps reduce all the irregular wears...better off in the long run....remember you are still going to get some mad negative camber though :P

Your car should be mad...once its done up :D

Edited by international

haha cheer bro, sounds like what i have to do to our e36 2dr, and yeah give me 2-3weeks then we should meet up. i was way to fuked to come on sataday. Still felt drunk and didnt think be best to drive haha. what you guys end up doing any way

:wacko:

haha cheer bro, sounds like what i have to do to our e36 2dr, and yeah give me 2-3weeks then we should meet up. i was way to fuked to come on sataday. Still felt drunk and didnt think be best to drive haha. what you guys end up doing any way

Just 3 or 4 guys messing the whole afternoon trying to put the shortened shocks on Nino's car...took ages to take the interior off only to find we didnt have the right tools once the shock came off.

Changed the wheels over as P had Ninos and Nino had Ps, that took freaking ages, I was just there helping around pulling nuts off and screwing them back and helping Nino to consume some beer that he bought along...thats all...

It was quite an educational afternoon, learnt a few more tips and little tricks, at least now I know how to change the rear shocks...its hands on learning haha...

We were going for a cruise but someone had to go home because..."he had no ShoO"....oh hahahaha Nino you c**t! Pz was so good to you!

ahh sounds sik... ah woulda loved a beer once i would had just arived haha. ah well next time

Yea yea, would be keen bro, just give us the heads up, hopefully not on Sundays haha...I work on Sundays lol...