Sign in to follow this  
Tomo

Gauge Cluster Light

Its just a little thing thats annoying me, the green left turn signal on my gauge cluster in the e30 has gone- indicators are working fine its just the bulb thats the problem. How do you go about replacing it/ i imagine it would be quite hard to access?

Cheers

Tomo

Take the cluster out. And the bulb will be on the back of it.

Take the cluster out. And the bulb will be on the back of it.

Thanks for your albeit brief reply- guess ill have a go at taking it out tomorrow. Dont suppose anyones taken theirs out before and would know where its secured and the process of removing it?

Search. There's been a couple of write ups - its easy, but there's quite a few steps.

NEW PROBLEM with this... ive managed to get and take out the cluster and appropriate bulb and inspect it- it looked fine so i tested it in another socket AND IT WORKED FINE. The problem now lies between the left turn indicators (which are working perfectly) and the bulb (in perfect condition but not working) anyone able to help>????

Cheers

Tomo

Fault in the cluster. I had this happen too - always seems to be the left one. Probably fixable if you want to carefully inspect the circuit board for a break and have the skills to fix it. If it relly bothers you, start looking for a new cluster.