Sign in to follow this  
rollas22

Front Wheels rubbing on inner guards...

Hey guys just took the Bmw (E36 320i sedan) in for a WOF at ONROAD, an it failed on the front tyres being too low (easy fix)

But they also failed it on the front tyres rubbing on the inside of the inner guard on a full lock....

I just went to the tyre shops to see if theres anything i can do, but basicly they said put standy rims on an go back...

Its running 18" rims an tyres at the moment on superlow jamex (not low tho)

Have any of you guys experenced this???

if so how did u fix it?

That's interesting, what tyre size are you running as it sounds like it could be incorrect for your vehicle. I sell wheels and tyres for your vehicle both standard height and lowered every day and I've never had this problem?

what size tyre are you running? sounds like the tyre is too wide/tall for the vehicle. Can't really suggest a solution until we know what size tyre is on it. :D

Hey guys just took the Bmw (E36 320i sedan) in for a WOF at ONROAD, an it failed on the front tyres being too low (easy fix)

But they also failed it on the front tyres rubbing on the inside of the inner guard on a full lock....

I just went to the tyre shops to see if theres anything i can do, but basicly they said put standy rims on an go back...

Its running 18" rims an tyres at the moment on superlow jamex (not low tho)

Have any of you guys experenced this???

if so how did u fix it?

i have the same problem only i passed wof it rubs full lock on the inside i have the right offset wheels i dont think 8.5 is too wide an the tyres are slightly stretched not chunky at all , anyone eles know of this

post-1718-1186804142_thumb.jpg

i have the same problem only i passed wof it rubs full lock on the inside i have the right offset wheels i dont think 8.5 is too wide an the tyres are slightly stretched not chunky at all , anyone eles know of this

post-1718-1186804142_thumb.jpg

Yeah mines exactly the same as that (but not as bad)

the tyres im runing are 225/35 18's (real low profile) rims aint wide at all

I just tried on a set of M3 rims an they where the same...

Any option?

Is it only one side or both?

If one; then it is possible that the alignment has been done by adjusting only one side to get Toe and rack range is off centre.

Centering the rack and then doing alignment should cure it.

Alternatively are you running (severe) toe out

Are they E36 M3 wheels you tried or E46 M3

If the alignment and the rack are set up properly, then really the only other thing it can be is offset, particularly if it did not do it with the standard wheels

pretty sure my wheels are are the right offset 19x8.5 5x120 38p the front wheels are cambered abit from lowering it it could do with a wheel alinment ill take it in to a shop to sort it out

Edited by PBOY

pretty sure my wheels are are the right offset 19x8.5 5x120 38p the front wheels are cambered abit from lowering it it could do with a wheel alinment ill take it in to a shop to sort it out

Mines doing it on both sides... umm they where E36 M3 rims i tryed on an they where worse than the 18's ive got on there now. Mite have to take into a shop an suss it out, if that fails ill try borrow a set of standy rims n tyres an roll an get the wof.

8.5's are a little wide for that vehicle, they fit and look wicked because they fill up the guards nicely but yeah you will geta bit of rubbage on full lock, I normally reccomend sticking to an 8" wide.

For what it's worth, I had 17x8.5" ACS Type IIIs, ET43 all around, on 225/45/17" tyres, and there was no rubbing on my E36 320i with M-Tech Springs.

I had 19x8.5's at 38et on my E36 and had no issues on the front. Just remember too that more offset sticks the wheel further in NOT further out.

you can always get some steering stops put into your rack. These are just machined up mylon bushes that sit in the end of the rack and limit the amount of full lock.

Worth a shot.